"You get Lily and I a sample and we'll tell you exactly what they're looking for" Izzy giggles, sending a wink in my direction.

"We'll have more answers when we figure out exactly who the demons are working for" Jace says while waking away.

"So you don't think their acting on their own?" Izzy questions.

"Definitely not" I say.

"They're not exactly creative thinkers, they're shapeshifters" Alec added, nodding in agreement.

"Hey lighten up Alec, frowning doesn't suit your gorgeous face" I tease.

His cheeks tint a shade of red as he clears his throat and turns towards Jace, leaving Izzy smirking at me.

"This is what our target looks like" Wayland says while pointing towards the screen, showing a normal middle-aged man.

"For now" Izzy and I say at the same time, laughing at each-other.

"Great I'll get approval for the mission"

"Come on Alec by the time you send that message well of killed six demons already" Jace moans at him.

"Bedsides, it's more fun to break the
rules-" Izzy starts.

"Than to follow them" I finish for her, smirking at the eldest Lightwood who was sending a glare in my direction.

-

"What are you staring at?" Alec asks, Jace and Izzy were just ahead as we made our way to Pandemonium.

"What? I'm not staring" I deny, snapping out of my trance.

"Yeah yeah whatever" he says while pushing me to walk faster.

"Alec stop my feet hurt" I whine, damn Izzy and her 8 inch heels.

"Baby" he whispered to himself as he came towards me and threw me over his shoulder.

"Alec what are you doing! This dress is so short everyone will see my no no square!" I shriek as he covers my behind with his hand, "oh my god" I mumble, feeling lava rush to my fair complexion.

"You said your feet hurt, so I'm carrying you" he says as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Uh thank you?"

"No problem gorgeous" he smirks, patting the back of my thigh.
Welp that sure sent a feeling straight to my core.

"Jace look at them" I hear Iz whisper shout as she turns around briefly.

"Iz get over it!" I shout.

"Never" she shouts back, grinning like a Cheshire Cat.

"Okay put me down we're almost there"

"If you insist" he says while gently placing me on the ground, but me being me forgot I had heels on and I tripped. Expecting myself to collide with the rough floor I braced myself, but the impact never came- "Clutz" Alec laughs with his arms firmly wrapped around my small waist.