"What? no, of course not." He answers, his voice confused but steady, and his body laid back in the chair with his hands intertwined laying against his stomach.

Off the bat, you'll think he's telling the truth but you also have to remember he is a member of the mafia. He might be a stupid fuck but he was taught this from the start.

Letting it go, I let out a sarcastic sigh, "Hmm, well now that's out the way get the fuck out." Taking a dramatic pause I continue, "I've been in prison for four months but the hatred of repeating myself still sticks."

I used to repeat myself when I was younger and over time I've become extremely annoyed by it. I don't see the purpose of doing so because I always make myself clear the first time and on most occasions people won't even think twice about taking any chances with me. My brother on the other hand knows that no matter what I won't treat him like I would strangers or allies because at the end of the day he is my brother.

We both rose to our feet and Sergio turns to make his way out of the room. He isn't going to be busy and I have a great idea to keep him occupied while Mauricio and I figure out a plan. This will be an enjoyable assignment for him anyways even though I wish to do it myself.

"Sergio" The words slip out my mouth and he stops in his tracks and glances back. 

I smirk eager to tell him, "Take care of the girl and Darelle for me?." I watch as his grey-blue eyes flicker before I continue with further instructions. "I don't care what you do, have fun."

With that, he just nods trying to maintain the bubbling excitement from exploding. I swear I heard a squeal once he exits my office and I have to stop myself from laughing, picturing his awaited excitement.

He missed this as much as I.

________________

I couldn't think clearly in my office. The room is huge but I somehow felt like I was cramped in a box regardless of the open space so I decided to go out. Well not exactly out in town or anything because at the end of the day I am still one hundred percent certain I'm a wanted criminal.

I'm in my garden, taking my time to admire the new flowers my mother planted. The beautiful shades of purple lilacs clashing with the assortment of roses are almost breathtaking. The floral smell drowns my senses and clouds my thoughts as I walk down the maze passage.

I haven't been through here since the boat ride I had with Isabella. I had the boat set up since the dinner I planned for her birthday went south. I didn't want her to leave Italy with a bad last expression. The fighting I did that night wasn't anything new but I have to admit it had me sore. I was surprised to see Isabella acting so nonchalant about it but that's just how she is.

Lorenzo, fuck stop reminiscing.

I have to stop thinking of our past and onto our future. I fucked up, big time and I'm going to fix it but how? How the hell am I going to plan out something without dealing with the consequences? Is that even possible?

I have been stuck with many things but I always found a way to make situations less messy. Some people with the balls would probably laugh in my face hearing that. My past actions showed differently and I take full blame. I was stressed, acting out in rage but it isn't like I wasn't entirely speculating some type of plan. They just all failed.