six

Harry POV

Alison went straight to the bathroom when we arrived at my place and I decided to start with the dinner, so I went into the kitchen. I put all the groceries in the fridge and then got out the stuff I needed for my carbonara. I hope she'll like it. I filled a pot with water and put it on the stove to heat up the pasta water. While waiting for it to get heated up, I began cutting up some garlic and the bacon. I began to quietly hum along to the song playing from the bluetooth speaker, which my phone was connected to. It was one of my favorite songs, Every Breath You Take by The Police.

A few moments later I felt her presence behind me and a small smile curled up my lips. "Where have you been, princess?" I asked as I put the knife down on the cutting board, then I turned to look at her over my shoulder and when I saw her face, my eyebrows immediately furrowed. Her eyes were swollen and cheeks slightly flushed. Her nose was slightly reddish too, as if she'd been crying for hours.

I noticed how her blonde beautiful hair was messy, especially the roots of her hair and her brown beautiful eyes were glassy. I turned my body so I was facing her completely. "What's wrong, princess? Why have you been crying?" I asked, making my voice as soft as possible, and quickly made my way over to her. When I was close enough, I cupped her face, her cheeks still hot and slightly damp from the tears.

I expected her to slap my hand off her face, but to my surprise she didn't, instead her brown glassy eyes met mine. I softly moved my thumbs back and forth on her cheekbones, she felt so fragile in a moment like this, I wanted to protect her, I wanted to comfort her.

"Tell me, pretty girl, what's going on in that beautiful mind of yours?" I spoke softly and continued my back and forth motions with my thumbs, hoping she'll tell me. I noticed how she swallowed and then she looked away from me, letting her gaze fall down on the floor.

"N-nothing...", she mumbled quietly but I knew right away that was a big fat lie, she's a shit liar but I think she knows that. I moved one hand from her cheek and curled my index finger under her chin and carefully tilted her head upwards.

I cupped her face once again so she wouldn't try to look away from me. "You're a shit liar, you know that, right?" I mumbled and looked into her eyes and couldn't help but smirk.

She just stared at me, folding those plump, soft lips into her mouth and furrowing her eyebrows, refusing to answer. This'll be a lot harder than I thought, she's stubborn.

"Now tell me, princess, what's the matter?" I ask again as I move a bit closer, so close that I feel her body heat radiate from her body. She still refused to tell me and I didn't want to press her, but I wanted to keep trying and see if she'll eventually give in and tell me. I soon noticed how her arms seemed to be trembling and I frowned, looking down and noticing how she had closed her hands into hard fists.

They were closed so hard that her knuckles became white and her hands were trembling badly. I quickly let go of her face and grabbed both of her fists in my hands, trying to get her to open her hands. It was tough, they were closed real fucking hard. "Alison" I said sternly when she tried to pull away from me.

Finally I managed to get her hands open, they were still trembling but not as much as they did when they were closed. The first thing that caught my eye when her hands were open, was red marks in her palms, from her nails. She must've been pressing her nails into her palms so hard that it left marks behind.
Why was she hurting herself like that?

"Why are you hurting yourself like this, princess..." I mumble quietly, really not understanding why a beautiful girl like her would want to hurt herself. What's going on inside her head? She kept her head down, not looking at me. I kept a strong hold of her small hands, softly caressing her palms where the marks was. She refused to look at me but I let her be.