✔LX - Last Gift

Start from the beginning

"You have come from Goradhill, haven't you?" Demian asked which made Irwin's blood run cold. How did he know about his origin? His eyes went wide as the name left from the prince's lips.

Goradhill was the small village that came in contact with the crossfire between The Dragon's and The Wizard's warzone. The village that no longer existed. Now only the forest had expanded and devoured the whole place. His place.

"In short, you are not even a Dragon," Demian stated his eyes had mischief dancing in it as Irwin looked between Alonzo and The Young Prince. Sweat bids appeared on his forehead.

"I-I don't understand what you are implying, My Prince?"

"Indeed?" He smiled and it was enough to make Irwin pale.

"Why don't you show your real self, Irwin?" The devilish prince asked.

"Your-my...my Prince... You are mistaken, I don't... I haven't heard of that village..." Irwin stammered as he tried to form his excuse but the sudden shock made his mind go numb.

"Ho! Then how did you know it was a village?" Demian enquired, "It could have been the name of a forest or a city or a hill. Since it had been perished over 25 years ago, people don't even remember it. The name itself had been extinct from their memories. I'm rather impressed that you still remember it."

Irwin's breath hitched as he remembered everything from the small village that resided further into the forest. They used to hunt, make weapons for their survival and grow crops.

"A goblin that you are, aren't you, Irwin?" Demian's cold voice made the ground beneath his feet perish instantly.

The small village had been a free spirited place where the goblins lived. Goblins were infamous for their loots yet Goradhill didn't loot or hadn't raised anyone to survive on looting. They had no collaboration with any of the races who were fighting among them and they had no interest. They only wanted to live in peace. Was wanting to live in isolation where there were no fights, no worries a mistake?

Irwin's belly filled with his anger. The anger that had been sleeping for so long. Very long as he survived the war and went to the human territory. They tried to kill him because he was a goblin. No matter how much he tried, they wouldn't listen that not all the goblins loot or kill.

He tilted his head toward the prince, his eyes blazing fire and the corners of Demian's lips curled up. For so long no one could see through his made up appearance but this person saw through everything. Who was he?

He didn't care now that he had been caught. Slowly, the colours of his skin changed as his ears grew, pointed to the edge. His nose grew and eyes turned green. The smashed-face had been replaced by a young goblin's face who had no trace of disfigured face.

"You've caught me, my prince," a crackling voice said and Prince Demian nodded. The mischief had gone and now he bore a grave face which could make anyone cry in their sleep.

"Now, tell me the rest of the story." Demian ordered, "No lies. Everything from the start."

Irwin laughed as his fear had vanished. Why would he fear anyone when he had seen death from very close. His doom was standing before him yet he felt good in his original body. He had despised it for a very long time. But now, he didn't care.

Irwin nodded as he sat comfortably on the ground, crossing his legs and said, "Shall I start from my village?"

"We don't have time-" Alonzo tried to retort but halted as Demian put his hand in the air.

"You shall."

Alonzo looked at his prince with a wide gap in his mouth which was of course, half covered by his thick moustache. He knew the Prince for too long that he was a very impatient man. But seeing his deep eyes that had a little sympathy in them made Alonzo choke on his own thoughts.