54 - Cleo | Reveal

Start from the beginning

I really liked him.

His green eyes found mine very quickly and he winked, and I made my way back to where June and I previously were. Liam was nowhere to be seen and June was talking to the bartender as she drank her cocktail now.

"Hey, sorry. I had to clean my cut and there was a line." I smiled at her when I sat on the stool, and she instantly looked at me when I did my best not to flinch the moment my ass touched the seat.
Maybe asking Harry to spank me again wasn't a good idea, I could feel the sting from the small cuts his rings left and I just knew the bruises were showing already.

Thankfully, the makeup around my neck wasn't fully removed and I arranged my hair in a way to cover the shadow of the bruises, but it wasn't bright enough for her to notice them. Either way, she'd seen my neck bruised once before. The only difference this time was the initials.

"Oh, hi! Does it hurt? I'm so sorry about that whole mess. I can't believe I found that long-haired dude attractive, he was so intrusive." She rolled her eyes, placing a hand on my arm. "Like, who asked his opinion?"

"Yeah." I cleared my throat, not even wanting to get into the Harry topic. "Where's Liam?"

"He had to go, his friend left." She explained, handing a cocktail just like her own. "He looks fun... I've never seen anyone you've dated before."

June wiggled her eyebrows at me and I rolled my eyes, shifting on my seat to try to find a more comfortable position.

"We only fucked and it wasn't that good, so not so fun." I took a sip of the drink. "I'm not the dating type."

"Everyone says that at first." June smiled at me. "I used to say it before Zayn. God, I'm a mess, I miss him so much. If I cry it's your fault."

She sounded so honest, I was so sure she wasn't behind this. There had to be some explanation for what I'd seen. So I made a reckless decision of simply asking her without beating around the bush.

"Oh, I forgot to mention. I saw you a few days ago... I was gonna say hi but I was working. In front of a roadside bar, on the outskirts of the city." I forced a smile at her as I drank more of the cocktail, and it tasted very sweet.

I didn't like it, I preferred whiskey or vodka. "Are you sure? I was working this whole week." She furrowed her eyebrows... and that's when I saw nervousness behind her eyes. A glimpse of surprise and panic.

Fuck

"Maybe it was someone who looked a lot like you, I mean, I was a few feet away," I said casually, watching every little reaction I got from her like a hawk. I hated this so much, her expression gave it away... we were right.

"Yeah..." She cleared her throat, grabbing her phone again and arching her eyebrows. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I have to go. Shit, I hate to cut this short but can we reschedule? I miss you but it's an emergency."

June didn't even give me time to respond or react, she jumped from her stool and wrapped her arms around me in a quick hug, and then she left some money to pay for her drinks and simply walked away, making her way out of the club without looking back.

What the fuck?

I glanced at Harry and he was already walking towards me, with a very confused look on his face as he approached, but I didn't miss the way he briefly placed his hand over his abdomen... fuck, his wound.

We'd forgotten about it.

"Where did she go? What happened?" He asked, but I quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him along with me as we made our way out of the club, only a few seconds after June.