52 - Cleo | Deceiving

Start from the beginning

And now I couldn't stop thinking about Harry's words. He was right, June was indeed in a very strategical position. She worked at Eroda, which meant she was literally on the inside she knew my mother, Niall, and me, and she was actually a friend of her. Ever since she started dancing to help pay for her doctorate degree, she was always very kind and attentive.

It was her first time dancing and actually her first job like that. Her resume only had a few retail jobs before because her focus was mostly on studying.

That's pretty much all I knew about June, she lived alone and I'd been to her place twice, maybe?

She wasn't in touch with her parents because they didn't support her moving her, especially now that she was a stripper.

I trusted June a lot, I liked to think I was a good judge of character, but now I was doubting everyone and everything, including myself. My father was a clear example of how we should never trust anyone completely. And he was my family.

June... sadly, there were a lot of things pointing in her direction and it didn't look pretty. She was dating Zayn... and he clearly loved her very much, which meant she could get him to talk about Harry or pretty much anything else she wanted.

Women were smarter, and I knew June was very persuasive. No wonder she was everyone's favorite dancer, even my brother had a crush on her.

I was overanalyzing everything now, from conversations we had to the day we met and truth was, I had no idea who she was. But I couldn't be a hypocrite, I never shared much about my life either.
But she was literally seen in the same address Harry had texted Zayn's number, at the same time. Added that to all the other coincidences, I was taking Harry's side in this. Zayn was pissed at both of us, that's why he refused to come tonight.

He wasn't in a good shape to leave the house at all actually, but I promised him I was only going to talk to June. She trusted me and she missed me, plus she had no idea I'd seen her that night.

I really fucking hoped she had an explanation and we were all overreacting. It was the only time in my life that really wished I wasn't right about something.

Harry was with me tonight, though he was sitting at the opposite side of the club, on the bar across from the one I was, and I was occasionally looking at him as I waited for June to arrive.

Tonight was her day off work and she sounded really excited to meet me when I called her earlier, she said she needed some distraction to stop thinking about Zayn, and this was the best option.

I felt awful, especially for Zayn.

He was going to be heartbroken if we were right, or he was going to continue angry at Harry and me for suspecting the girl he loved and stopping him from calling her.

Zayn trusted Harry a lot, and I admired that even if they were fighting they still respected each other's opinions and Zayn agreed to wait to call June. He said we'd regret even thinking that June could be behind this, he assured us he knew her enough and that she was always good to him.

He was also right when he mentioned that she had zero motive to be the mastermind behind the list. But we'd never know if she indeed had a motive or not until we talked to her and analyzed things differently. I came here tonight expecting the worst, prepared to accept that June was indeed related to this somehow.

I really fucking hoped not, though.

She was one of the few, if not the only, people I liked to have around. She was really nice to me and she never pushed me into talking about things I didn't want to.