37 - Harry | Homecoming

Start from the beginning

And now that I had just parked the car and locked the gates again, I got out and allowed myself to take a deep breath. The garage was part of the house and my other cars were parked there.

The door near the corner led us to my living room, and I was very fucking glad: had chosen keypads with passcodes instead of regular locks and keys, because I didn't have my phone or keys or anything at all with me. And neither did Cleo, we lost our shit in the crash and we were nearly back to square one.

Not entirely, though... we had learned new things. And we had also learned that Louis wasn't the one behind the list, he was just upset his father was dead.

I was very good at reading people and he was very confused when the list was mentioned, and he made it very clear that this was about his family.

He thought Cleo and I were working together to kill off other important families in New York and that this whole thing was orchestrated by our parents...

Not that I didn't think my father or most likely Cleo's mom could have something to do with the list, but every day I got more and more confused about this. And I honestly just couldn't think about it tonight, I had more important things to worry about.

I walked around the car to open the backdoor and I reached out my hands to grab Cleo, being careful as I carried her towards the garage door. Another thing I liked about my house was the automatic lights... one less thing for me to worry about.

After I made my way into the living room, I headed towards the couch and I laid Cleo down, being careful with her head and leg. Her shoulder was probably hurting just a bit now, and the ugly cut on her cheekbone had stopped bleeding.

I had used my belt as a tourniquet around her thigh, I had to stop the bleeding somehow, and it worked a little. The bullet hadn't hit any arteries but it was lodged deeper than the one in my shoulder.

I tied my hair up as I made my way to the bathroom, grabbing the large first aid kit with everything I was going to need. And I allowed myself to focus only on her, we were safe for now and I had to enjoy that.

Cleo groaned softly when I removed my belt from her thigh, and I reached for her knife that I had put in my pocket so I could finish cutting her pants so it would be easier to take it off since she couldn't move much.

The fabric was thin and I easily got rid of it, letting it fall on the floor. I also cut off the black lace garter where she was keeping her knife before. She was smart for always having a backup weapon like this.

Her bullet wound was swollen and deep red, there was dry blood all around it and I had to take the bullet out and bandage her to keep some pressure over it.

"Cleo?" I called, hoping she'd listen to me.

I grabbed the alcohol so I could clean my hands and then a lot of gauzes, finding the forceps in the first aid kit and then focusing on her thigh again. Fuck, this was going to hurt.

She groaned again, and the moment I didn't hesitate to grab the bullet, pushing the forceps inside her wound, her eyes were wide open and she grunted much louder, sitting up on the couch and looking down at her legs.

"Fuck! Jesus fucking Christ." She said under her breath, digging her nails on my couch as she closed her eyes to take deep breaths and I pulled the bullet out and placed it on the center table along with the other utensils.

It bled a little and I could see her leg was shaking because of the pain.

"Cleo? Talk to me." I literally begged, grabbing more gauze to clean the blood, and I had to press it as hard as I could, making her wince. "I'm sorry, I have to."