*in some way or other (baby Spencer)*

content warnings: perv!Spencer, unprotected penetrative sex, some voyeurism, some dirty talk, breeding kink.

the longer you drive, the more the red taillights of the cars around you are starting to blur. it's been roughly three hours in this car, and you're not sure you can take more of this audiobook recording that Spencer's been playing.

in fact, you definitely started tuning out about two hours ago, and now you're completely lost. Reid is staring out the window at the passing scenery, once again entrenched in his own silence. you chance a look his way, but avert your gaze quickly when he shifts in his seat.

it's not that you don't like him-- Spencer is a really nice person, and everyone on the team seems to adore him. he's affectionately known as the baby of the group, despite his insane IQ. but he doesn't talk to you often enough for you to consider him a friend.

when Hotch sent the two of you out of town to lecture together, you didn't know if things would be weird. he's generally reserved, and he was the same during the presentation. even afterward when you asked him if he wanted to grab a drink at the hotel bar together, he declined with a polite smile and headed immediately to his room.

"it's getting pretty late." you observe absently, using one hand to rub your tired eyes. you should have been back by now, but there was a delay at the hotel and the two of you got totally distracted answering questions at the lecture.

"do you need me to drive?" Spencer asks quietly. he looks over at you and even though he's trying to maintain a stoic expression, you can see the reluctance in his face at the thought of taking the wheel. Prentiss said once that he doesn't like driving.

"no, no, it's fine--" you pause the audiobook and straighten up. "I just don't know how much longer we're gonna have to go and I'm really tired."

"three hours and seventeen minutes." he answers immediately. when you glance over with a confused expression, he shrugs. of course he knows.

"three hours?" you deflate.

"and seventeen minutes."

you heave an exhausted sigh, then decide that there's simply no way in hell that you can possibly do this for that long. "Spencer."

"yes?" his voice is curious. the beam from a streetlamp passes over his face, and you notice the shadows in his features. he's young, but there's something mature about him that you can't define.

"would you mind if we stopped in a motel or something nearby? I'm just exhausted and don't wanna get in an accident." you bite your lip after asking, awaiting his reaction. a moment of hesitation before he nods.

"sure."

"you can use my phone to look up some places around here." you hand him your device, which has been sitting in one of the empty cupholders. his own cell is way too old for that kind of stuff.

he starts to do some brief research and you slump a little lower into your seat. at this point, you don't care where you stay; all you need is a place to knock out for a couple hours before driving again tomorrow.

...

by the time you pull into the parking lot of the Palm Grove Terraces, you're too drained to even make a snide remark about the name. you pull the keys out of the ignition and Spencer gets out of the car before retrieving both of your bags from the backseat.

"thanks." you mutter as the two of you make your way to the front desk. he nods, ambling somewhat behind you.

the woman behind the counter is watching something on her computer, chin in her palm.