𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐢𝐦

WALKING BACK TO THE STALL, you were so happy and excited that iwaizumi had asked you out officially

WALKING BACK TO THE STALL, you were so happy and excited that iwaizumi had asked you out officially. you were finally done cleaning up the stall and the festival was done for the day.

you took a deep breath and you caught a glimpse of kuroo and bokuto at the side of the school entrance.

"tetsu!" you yelled and rushed over to him, your arms wrapped tightly around his waist. he tensed up a little and hid the rose in his hand behind you.

"i've something to tell you,"

"i've something to tell you."

you both said at the same time. you were a little puzzled but kuroo told you to speak first.

"okay! i'm so so so so happy today! guess what?" you said, excitement gleaming in your eyes.

"what?" kuroo simply answered.

"iwaizumi asked to be my boyfriend! aah!" you squealed and hugged kuroo tightly. the boy quickly threw his single rose into the drain behind your back and gave you a gentle pat on the back.

"that's... that's great." he coughed out, holding back his tears.

"i know, right?" you smiled. your expression changed when you realised how stiff kuroo had become.

"tetsu? you okay?" you asked and placed your hand on his arm.

"oh yes, i'm great. i'm just.. really happy for you, truly. and you both liked each other a lot, i'm glad things work out." he forced a smile that never reached his eyes but you seemed convinced.

"thank you kuroo."

iwaizumi suddenly approached you and nekoma's captain. "are you ready to go?" he asked you with a smile on his face. you nodded. "i'll get going kuroo." you smiled and locked your hand with iwaizumi's.

"yeah no problem. i'll see you around yeah?" he stated and ruffled your hair. you nodded your head and left with iwaizumi.

tetsurou approached his friend bokuto who watched the scene from afar. kuroo couldn't hold it in any longer, his tears started to fall the moment he arrived in front of bokuto.

his breath hitched and he covered his face with the back of his hand, unable to control the pain he's feeling. bokuto placed a hand on his shoulder and pulled him in for a hug.

"i'm sorry bro... it's okay." he rubbed kuroo's back in a comforting way.

"it hurts... it hurts that she'll never look at me the way she looks at him..." kuroo's voice was low and quiet, almost sounded like a whisper. bokuto didn't know what to say.

aftet a moment of silence, kuroo spoke again. "i just wish... i could be the one she fell for..." kuroo wipes his tears and stood taller, pulling away from the embrace.

"tetsu, i'm sorry..." was all bokuto could say.

"it's okay." kuroo sniffled.

"it's not, and i made you do it. you really liked her, don't you?" bokuto asked after witnessing his bestfriend shed tears for a girl he thought was just a simple crush.

"i do. but it doesn't matter." kuroo faked a smile.

"it does. it matters kuroo." bokuto stared at kuroo's brown eyes.

kuroo was silent for a moment, his eyes turned to watch as the couple get further away from them, walking hand in hand.

"not to her." he sighed and stared at the ground.

"kuroo..."

"it's okay, bokuto. it wasn't her fault... i just wanted her to fall for me like i did for her. but it's okay." kuroo stared at bokuto, his friend's expression puzzled.

"it's totally not okay. you're hurting, bro." bokuto confronted.

"yeah, but she's happy, bokuto. as long as she's happy, i'll be okay. even if i'm not the reason behind it." kuroo watched from a distance as iwaizumi leaned in and planted a kiss on her forehead.