Chapter Ten

I didn't really care what was going on around me. All I cared about, is that Tobias was alive. The ride was bumpy but I didn't pay much attention to it.

"Amar, can you shut off the camera in Tobias' Dauntless apartment?" I asked

"Sure. Just promise me you won't come back here ever again." Amar replied

"Okay." I looked at Tobias. He was smiling.

When we got to the tracks, Tobias helped me out of the car. We walked together to the fence and jumped over. We waved to Amar once we were over.

"Do you need me to carry you?" Tobias asked

"No. I can run with you." I said

We ran back to Amity. Johanna met us in a field and told us she had everything covered. We ran back to Dauntless. Once we got to his apartment, Tobias got out a new roll of bandages. I sat down on the bed and let him change the bandages.

"I'm glad you're not dead. I told them to kill me. I couldn't live without you." Tobias said as he finished changing my bandages

"I almost killed David when they told me you were dead." I said

"Almost?"

"The guards pulled me off of him."

"Oh."

He sat next to me on the cot in his apartment. I hoped the cameras were off in here. I fitted my lips to his. His arms wrapped around my back, pulling me closer. I pulled away, placing my head on his chest.

"I love you Tris."

"I love you too Tobias."

We laid down on the cot, my head on his chest. I laid down on my right shoulder and winced.

"You okay?" Tobias asked

"My shoulder." I said

"They hurt you?" he said rolling me over to check my shoulder

"They threw me into the cell. I hit my shoulder on the wall pretty hard."

He ran over to the table and got another roll of bandages and washcloth. He washed the blood off my shoulder and wrapped it.

"I'm not letting them touch you again." he said

He laid on my right side so I could lay on my left. A few minutes after he settled next to me, Marcus busted through the doors. I got up and shoved him against the wall.