chapter 162: Lies

Start from the beginning

There, the family ate breakfast and the neurosurgeon figured they could just order pizza for lunch, so they would be able to finish the show, Leo and Lily could have their nap after and in the afternoon, they would be outside.

---

Thursday, July 9:

Ryan: 17; Liam, Finn, Ruby: 14; Luca: 13; Mira: 10; Leo: 6; Lily: 6

Baby Rytie: 37-7

-

„I am a bit cold; can I get a sweater from your dresser?", Ruby questioned, already getting up and kissing her boyfriend's head, who demanded another kiss but this time on his lips before he nodded and smiled.

"Oh, shit!", Ethan cursed about a minute later and received confused looks from his friends, which he ignored because he was busily getting upstairs. But he was already too late.

"What is this?", his girlfriend asked in a shaking voice and stared at the bottle of vodka in her hand. "Why do you have alcohol in your dresser?", she wanted to know as she looked at him disappointedly, causing his heart to break.

"Rubs...I...", the fifteen-year-old tried to find an explanation but he couldn't think of any. Ashamed, he looked at the floor. "I'm sorry...", he apologized quietly, aware of how bad the situation was.

"About what? The fact that you're drinking again or that you are addicted? You were obviously able to dispense with it the entire week, so maybe you have yourself under control. As well as the lies that you kept telling me about your headaches!", Ruby screamed at him crying. "I trusted you!", she yelled.

"How could you?", Tony questioned in shock. He and his girlfriend had heard everything and were now standing in the room, too. "How long have you been drinking again, Ethan?", he asked seriously and in disappointment.

"Ruby, please come here!", Camilla carefully ordered, worried about her best friend. "Put the bottle down and come over here.", she repeated calmly but the fourteen-year-old had a different plan. She was packing her things, grabbed her bag and stormed downstairs.

"RUBY!", Ethan shouted in fear since it was the middle of the night. "Ruby, please come back!", he sobbed but suddenly they heard the door slam. "What are we going to do now?", he asked his friends and swallowed heavily.

"Please answer...please answer the call...", the young brunette helplessly mumbled while she kept running away from her boyfriend's house and became colder by the second because she hadn't put on her jacket but instead pushed it into the bag. "Ryan! Please pick me up!", she cried.

"Where are you? What happened?", she heard her brother panic. He glanced at his grandma in fear, with whom he'd been watching TV since the rest of the family was sleeping and his mother at work. "Ruby, answer me!"

"I...I am running away from Ethan's house and I need you to come get me, please!", Ruby sobbed. She knew her mom wasn't home tonight and had therefore called her big brother. "Should I wait here?"

"I am getting into my car right now and I will be with you in ten minutes. Go back to the house and put something on, you're freezing!", the seventeen-year-old ordered and repeated himself more clearly. "You are a fourteen-year-old girl and shouldn't run through Seattle's dark streets by yourself at night. So, no matter what happened between you two, wait in front of his house for me."

"RYAN!", his sister cried after she had thrown her things in the backseat and taken the passenger seat. She basically threw herself into his arms and he tried to soothe her by cuddling her tightly.

"Shh, everything is fine! I am here now!", the brunette promised his little sister softly and gently swayed them back and forth. The other three noticed the car of the seventeen-year-old through the window and were relieved. "What happened?"