Chapter 8

2 weeks had passed since that very day

Everleigh POV

It's been 2 weeks since the incident with Holden, I have left for college by now. I feel bad for blowing up in his face, but he genuinely had no right to eavesdrop on mine and Wang Wei's conversations. I looked at my phone and started scrolling my contact list to find Holden's number, when I finally found it I hesitated. I wanted to apologize for my actions, but my mind started giving me a bunch of reasons why I shouldn't apologize. I feel like what I've done was right, he was invading my privacy and didn't even stop when he knew it was wrong... At this point, me and Wang Wei have not called for a few days already, he probably thinks I'm still packing or unpacking my stuff. I started scrolling to Wang Wei's number instead and pressed the call button, a few rings later and-

Wang Wei POV

I heard my phone ringing downstairs, I quickly ran down the stairs and picked up my phone, somewhat old I guess, it was a iPhone 4 but nonetheless, I answered the call and held it up to my ear,

"Hello!" I heard a cheery voice coming from the other side,

"Hah, Hello Everleigh. How's the move been? You liking your house so far?" I asked,

"I guess, it's more spacious than my old room, and it's not that bad, I guess it would be a bit lonely, since I don't have a roommate yet. Plus the fact that I need to pay bills and shit aren't helping the situation."

"If you need or want some help with bills, you can ask me to help out sometimes, I'm an adult and I make good money despite me having a somewhat successful career as an artist anyways. And well if you ever need to, you can crash at my place, just ask for an address since we have said before we both live in Ottawa." I replied, I know she really doesn't have a reason to say I'm telling the truth, but we both have been friends for 8 years already. Quite a beautiful fucking golden friendship if I were to say so myself.

"It's not that bad yet "Mr.Youhaveajob," I have enough money like what me parents gave me before I left to pay bills for at least 3 months, so you won't see me out on the streets just yet."

"I know, I know, but I'm just saying, okay? Also, I wasn't making you out to seem like this poor ass student crying off adulthood, sheesh." I said back, laughing internally a bit.

Holden POV

I was pacing up and down in my room over and over again debating what happened in our conversation 2 weeks ago that went wrong. I was just trying to get answers, and the truth but, maybe that's where I went wrong... I shouldn't have eavesdropped on her conversations, if I didn't, this whole fallout wouldn't have happened! I don't think she would want to speak to me just yet and, well I- ... I don't think she would even listen to me. However, I think I know who she will listen to! I jumped up and put on some socks and shoes and rushed out the door towards Everleigh's um, old house. I knocked on the door a few times.

"Comingggg..." I heard a low-toned groan from the other side of the door, it slowly opened and I saw Joon, he looked at me rather confused, "What the hell are you doing here Holden? Bro I didn't know I had to break this to you but my little sister already moved out, didn't you know?"

"Yeah I know, but I wanted to talk to you actually.." I answered,

"Oh okay then kid, well come on in I guess" He said with the most confused voice, opening the door a bit wider, stepping aside and gesturing for me to come in, "Oh and take, your shoes off please," he added, "Last time Everleigh forced me to clean up those wonderful shoe-steps you left in our house because she was busy packing, it was not the best gift for your elders ya know." 

I walked in kind of ashamed because of what he just said but brought myself back together after reminding myself why I was here and just sat on the couch while he went to pour a cup of water for me in the kitchen, when he came back he put the cup on the coffee table and sat down to the side of me.

"So what are these matters you wanna talk about?" He asked,

"It's about Everleigh," I started, he tilted his head,

"What about her?"

"Well, the last time I was here, was when Everleigh was still packing," I said,

"Mhm, go on," he replied.

"We got into a bad fight, I confronted her about a situation and... the situation was just horrible. I feel bad about what I did, but I don't think she would want to talk to me or listen to m-" I was cut-off.

"Hold on, hold on, hold on, what sItUaTiOn are you talking about?" He asked me, I was surprised, but also not really at the same time, I already guessed that Everleigh wouldn't tell her brother either.

"Everleigh has been talking to someone over the phone for 8 years now, this person is a stranger and I really think this person could be a danger to Everleigh. He seems like a bad example and they talk about all sorts of things over the phone, he's well, sketchy. She said that this person was fine and a friend, but I'm not so sure about that. I was wondering if you could talk to her about it instead." I asked, he took a deep breathe in and out,

"I suppose I could talk to her, but if this ends up worsening the situation I'm blaming you. I trust that whoever this "stranger" my lil sis is talking to ain't that bad if they are able to talk for a straight 8 years." He replied, looking at me with a serious face.

"Understandable, but also please do tell her I'm sorry for what I did," I added, he just nodded, "Thanks, I'll be going now, see you around i guess," I said, getting up and going to put my shoes on, and leaving the house.

"Now that that's done, I'll go on to think about my other plans. I will get to the bottom of this."
———————-
Word Count: 1102

Yeay a chapter is out. Enjoy we got a comedic chapter the next chapter.