20. 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙡𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙞𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙡

Start from the beginning

"You took it off," he points to my neck, making me look down. I had taken off the necklace after the dance when I got to the room of the place Klaus had compelled for us.

"Didn't feel the need to wear it anymore, especially now that I'm with Jeremy..." I trailed off getting up from the bed to begin and get ready.

"You'll see him today and show him and then make the next step?"

"Oh please nik im trying to avoid all of this at least until you wake Kol up" I groaned in annoyance picking up some stuff.

"Wait, that's why you're in no rush to get my coffins you don't want to face Kol" Klaus raised from his seat in realization.

"It's not that I promise I will get them, there's no point in stalling like this. I'm going to face Kol and tell him I moved on..." I stopped just before I entered the bathroom. "And that includes calling the engagement which it had been from the moment he betrayed me"

I couldn't tell what Klaus felt about me finally moving on from Kol. He probably was surprised by it. Out of all people he knew that all this time it had been hard for me to move on from him but now I was ready.

I'm sure he would've wished I had done it sooner.

──────༺♡༻──────

"Are you mad at me or something?" I finally asked after Klaus had given me the silent treatment since I had gotten in the shower. I honestly couldn't guess what he was mad about.

"I'm not, I'm just surprised" he replied, going to reach for the door to enter the grill but I stopped him. "It's just weird to me you know out of everyone after all these years it was Jeremy Gilbert the one that made you move on? Was it really him or was it you?"

"Please don't go there" I knew something else was bothering him and he was allowed to be bothered. He was allowed to feel whatever he wanted but to bring it up now was unfair.

"I'm not you asked I replied you shouldn't have asked when you already knew" he then opened the door allowing me in.

He was right if I already knew then I shouldn't have asked but it still bothered me that part of him was still thinking of something that happened years ago.

When we entered the grill I went directly to the table next to Elena and Damon and I sat on a stool facing them while Klaus stood behind me.

"Well don't mind us" Klaus speaks up, catching their attention.

"Klaus....Val.." Elena glared at us.

"You gonna do this in the Grill? In front of everyone? It's a little beneath you, don't you think? And sister, what are you doing with him?'' Damon starts questioning, while he eyed me specifically the fact that Klaus hands were sitting on my shoulders.

"I don't know what you are talking about. I just came down to my local pub to grab a drink with the lady here" he replied with a smirk on his face.

"I doubt that...what do you want?" Damon crossed his arms while Elena stood next to him.

"Well Rebekah seems to be missing so we are trying to find her" i mentioned to them glaring directly at Elena there wasn't another person in that house yesterday that could've daggared her but Elena.