Chapter 18

AN: I've been having some writers block and a time skip is the only way I could fix it. But enjoy c:

•~•

•one month later•

Rayleigh

I stood in front of the mirror hardly even recognizing myself yet again for the second time this year. After Sam's party I promised myself that I would never wear that much makeup again, or heels, those suck. Yet, this time I felt so beautiful, my hair was softly curled and had the waterfall braid effect and my makeup was different. Instead of my usual regular mascara and eyeliner, I had precise winged eyeliner on my top lid and eyeshadow creating a smokey eye effect around my eyes which had contacts and lip gloss covering my lips making them shine. I looked down at the aqua blue gown I wore and smiled. I felt genuinely beautiful and was loving every moment of it as I was admiring my look in the full length mirror in front of me.

My mom was crying. When is she not crying? She had a tissue in her hands and was occasionally patting under her eye and sniffling while smiling at me reassuring me that she was ok. Honestly it wasn't reassuring, I felt bad. Don't ask me why when I have nothing to feel bad for I just, I really hate seeing my mom cry. It's terrible.

"Mom please don't cry." I said walking towards her slowly and hugging her. She sniffled and pulled away cradling my cheeks.

"It's just so hard seeing you grow up." She said her voice going higher an octave from the crying. "I can still remember the day when you ran around the house in your princess costume." She said softly while touching my neatly done brown hair shaking her head a little looking down.

"Oh now," she paused choking back tears as she looked at me "Now you're ready for prom, and you have a boyfriend and oh my god, time just flies by ya know?" She said her face softening and she dabbed under her eyes again. I smiled and grabbed her hand.

"I'll always be your little girl." I whispered looking at at my blue gown and sticking out my feet to see the dark blue pumps that were already killing my feet.

"It's just difficult." She said exasperatedly. "You'll understand when you have kids." She said waving her hands around. I smiled slightly and hugged her wrapping my arms around her neck and squeezing as she smiled squeezing back. She pulled away looking at me and a look of realization crossed her face before she jumped and ran out of my room and came back a minute later with a small box in her hand.

"I want to give you something that I got on my prom night from my mom." She said sitting on my bed and patting a spot next to her. I walked over slowly, still getting used to the heels and sat down on my bed next to her. She grabbed my hand and put the box in my hand and I opened it and saw a ring with a dazzling purple stone in the middle.

"Oh my god." I whispered taking it out of the box and placing it on each finger to fit it and finally placed it on my middle finger smiling.

"It's so beautiful, thank you so much." I said tears stinging my eyes.

"I know you aren't about to cry right now because I spent a good hour on you makeup and if I see one tear drop I swear Rayleigh I will flip out." She warned shaking her head. I shook my head and wiped under my eyes.

"I'm fine. It just means a lot, thank you so much." I said looking at her. She smiled and grabbed my hand pulling me up.

"C'mon, your date is stuck downstairs with your father who's probably scaring the poor boy." She said opening the door. I nodded and followed her out the door and down the stairs that she easily glided down where as I was going down one step at a time wrapped my arms around the railing to make sure I didn't fall and die. I finally reached the bottom and walked to where my mom was standing and stood behind her.