Part 6

Luke’s POV

         Dr. Green and Mr. Blackbourne were going to do what?  I looked at Gabe. He was looking back at me. We grinned. Oh, this was going to be good.

         “You? You two are going to teach Sang to dance?” Kota was shocked.

         “Why shouldn’t we? I mean, it’s not like we’ll get to actually go to the club and dance with her there. Why shouldn’t we teach her?” Sean wiggled his eyebrows at me. Sang giggled. “And I can make her giggle.” He grinned.

         “Do you even know how to 2 step?” North was looking at Mr. Blackbourne with a smirk he didn’t even try to hide.

         Huh. Interesting. Was Mr. B blushing? “Dr. Green knows how to 2 step. I am well-acquainted with the waltz.” Mr. Blackbourne replied.

         Gabe laughed. “Hell, Victor is ‘well-acquainted’ with the waltz. He should teach her.”

         Victor held his hands up, trying to stay out of it. “Playing a waltz? Yes. Dancing a country-western waltz? I have no idea. Besides, I’ll let them get their toes stepped on, and then I’ll waltz her across the floor later.” He winked at Sang, and she stuck her tongue out at him.

         “For fucks sake, Vic, a waltz is a waltz. 3-4 time. Country waltzes can get a little more… um… up close and personal, though.” Gabe looked at Mr. Blackbourne, his eyes lighting up. “Hey, can I help teach her?”

         “Hold on!” Sang interrupted. “Do all of you know how to 2 step?”

         Uh… um… we looked around, trying to find the one that would get to explain this one.

         “um… yes?” Nathan answered sheepishly.

         “And waltz?”

         “Well, yeah.” Kota responded, blushing. Sang looked at him, and I could swear she was trying to get him to say more with just a look. What did she call it? Oh, yeah… that Academy-silent-talking-thing.

         I guess it worked, because Kota went on to explain. “Right before we joined the Academy, as part of our PE class, they taught us to dance.”

         “Really?” Sang didn’t look like she believed him. I wouldn’t have believed him if I hadn’t gone through the torture myself. “My PE classes were never like that,” she continued, skeptically.

         Kota gave her a droll look. “Well, my PE class never taught me how to land after a two story fall, so…”

       “This is what’s going to happen,” Mr. Blackbourne interrupted. Dang, he sounded less than in control of us at that moment. This was getting better and better. “Since there are wood floors in here, we’re going to move all of the furniture out of the way. Then those of you with jobs to do this evening,” he glared around the room,” will leave. Dr. Green and I will begin Miss Sorenson’s lessons. End of discussion. Good? Good. Get moving.”