Ron's grasp and holding it up to the light as though checking for a watermark. "No one in their right mind would make Ron a prefect...."

The twins' heads turned in unison and both of them stared at Harry. Y/n got up and walked overlooking at the badge in George's hand. "We thought you were a cert!" said Fred in a tone that suggested Harry had tricked them in some way.

"Congrats Ron-" Y/n spoke with a smile looking at him and sitting back down on the bed, flipping through the runes, reading it upside down. Pippa sat back on her shoulder. 

"We thought Dumbledore was bound to pick you!" said George indignantly. 

"Winning the Triwizard and everything!" said Fred.

"I suppose all the mad stuff must've counted against him," said George to Fred.

"Yeah," said Fred slowly. "Yeah, you've caused too much trouble, mate. Well, at least one of you's got their priorities right" He strode over to Harry and clapped him on the back while giving Ron a scathing look.

"Prefect...ickle Ronnie the prefect..." 

"Oh, Mum's going to be revolting," groaned George, thrusting the prefect badge back at Ron as though it might contaminate him. Ron, who still had not said a word, took the badge, stared at it for a moment, and then held it out to Harry as though asking mutely for confirmation that it was genuine. Harry took it. 

A large P was superimposed on the Gryffindor lion. He had seen a badge just like this.  The door banged open. Hermione came tearing into the room, her cheeks flushed and her hair flying. 

She turned to Harry, "Did you — did you get — ?" She spotted the badge in Harry's hand and let out a shriek. Y/n, Fred and George exchanged looks turning to Harry. "I knew it!" she said excitedly.

"Um...Harry-" Y/n cleared her throat peeking from the top of the newspaper. Hermione was also holding a badge in her hand looking over at Harry.

"Oh yeah...No," said Harry quickly, pushing the badge back into Ron's hand. 'It's Ron, not me." 

"It — what?"

"Ron's prefect, not me," Harry said.

"Ron?" said Hermione, her jaw-dropping. "But...are you sure? I mean" 

She turned red as Ron looked around at her with a defiant expression on his face. "It's my name on the letter," he said.

"I mean, he has been doing brilliant other than sleeping in class...but then copies off of Harry..." Y/n said giving it to Ron looking over at him. 

"I..." said Hermione, looking thoroughly bewildered. "i....well...wow! Well done, Ron! That's really —" 

Fred sat next to Y/n as Harry caught the two with his side glance as Y/n looked over to "Unexpected," said George, nodding.

"No," said Hermione, blushing harder than ever as Y/n drifted away from the conversation thinking in her head and staring at the floor. "no, it's not...Ron's done loads of...like Y/n said.." 

The door behind her opened a little wider and Mrs Weasley backed into the room carrying a pile of freshly laundered robes. Everyone turned to Mrs Weasley as Fred leaned up.

Even though Fred liked Y/n as a joke during the third year, knowing Harry fancied her during this time. But That turned into a real crush causing Mrs Weasley to not approve of Fred liking Y/n. "Ginny said the booklists had come at last," she said, glancing around at all the envelopes as she made her way over to the bed and started sorting the robes into two piles.