Chapter 16 - The Awakening

AN: I kinda accidentally deleted the entire chapter, and I did write an epic battle for you guys, but seeing as I haven't uploaded in such a long time I'll rush this. Obviously, I'll still meet my 1500 words plus quota, but if the grammar is messy, please correct me smh. This will be the chapter edited the most to slowly recover what I lost.

"Entering the stage first, Ochaco Uraraka! 1-A's gravity girl has a heavy weight on her shoulders, and her goal is to win! Can she force her way through this fight, or will she fall?" The crowd cheered loudly at Present Mic's enthusiastic introduction.

"Next to walk through the gates is 1-C's dark horse, Hitoshi Shinso! Quirk: Unknown. So far, he's relied on brains solely, or could that be his quirk? The mystery falls in his own favour!" Seeing as he'd been in the 1st place team for the Cavalry race, it was only natural for the crowd to go wild as families on all stands went ballistic at his smirk of confidence.

Both opponents waited at their own sides, waiting for their signal to begin.

"GO!"

Uraraka ran forward, choosing to strike first against the enigma who she'd been told to fight, in contrast to her offensive strategy, Shinso was playing it safe and dodging each of her touches, occasionally sending a punch or kick. Of course, her quirk was activated via touch after all.

This repeated a few times, until at some point, Uraraka yelled something to Shinso. He smirked, eyes widening before retaliating and saying something back. You could see the glint of mischievousness in his eyes as he excitedly began to prepare the conditions of his quirk, to which Uraraka fell for.

Her mouth could be seen moving, before she was cut off, mouth agape and eyes blank. Each opponents bodies had relaxed.

Shinso had guaranteed his victory.

He gave a command, and she walk out of bounds.

"An interesting victory, but well earned at that! Shinso proceeds to the next round, our next fighters will be Izuku Midoriya versus Kirishima! Please head to your designated waiting rooms!" Oh ho ho. Now this'll be fun.

On my way to my waiting room, I see Shinso walking my direction, obviously returning from the arena.

I stopped before he passed, looking him in the eyes as each of ours met.

"Good job in your match!" I said, giving a thumbs up. I hope I get to fight him.

"Good luck in yours, not like you'll need it though." I chuckled before mumbling, "I suppose I am getting a bit overpowered..."

I then continued my walk. My next match was in 10 minutes, so I began re-assessing the information I had on my enemy, Kirishima.

It... only took a few seconds. His quirk isn't so flashy, and no known special moves, allowing me to easily formulate a plan (with the help of sub-skills).

I remained silent for the rest of the time, sitting still until I was told waiting time was up. I followed the informant to the gate to the arena. Present Mic had already announced Kirishima, so I walked out as he called my name.

"As his opponent, Izuku Midoriya! The winner of the cavalry race, but not much can be revealed of his quirk. All I can say is good luck to the both of our contestants!"

And that was that, I stood on my own side, eying Kirishima, until....

"GO!"

I closed my eyes, I hadn't exactly used this skill much before, so I'd need a lot more concentration. I could hear yells of rage, but none of it registered.