“I hate drama…”

“Unfortunately it seems a lot of people around here don’t share that opinion. Darcy, when you start going to school here watch out why you say to some of the girls, drama is a part of life in their books.”

Are the girls at North Valley High really that drama obsessed? If this is anything like the movies, then being the new girl I’m definitely fresh bait. Hopefully I will have these girls on my side.

“What grade are you in?” Carla asks.

“I’m a sophomore, what about you guys?”

I glared expectantly at Carla and Bryn. Why wouldn’t Bryn say anything to me? I bet she thinks I’m weird or something, or she doesn’t want anyone intruding on her group.

“We’re both sophomores! We will probably have classes together.” Carla answered for both of them.

As we walked closer towards the houses the unexpected happened.

“I’m going to go home and change, catch up with you guys later.” Bryn said. It talks!

I gave a little wave, and Carla shouted something sarcastic. 

“Darcy do you want to come to my house? You can meet my Mom! She will love you!”

“Uh sure.”

I’m not exactly sure why she would want me to meet her mom…but if thats what it takes to become her friend, I’m in.

"So where did you live before this?" Carla asked, starting conversation as we walked towards her house.

"All over."

"Yea but like you had to have been staying somewhere before this." She said.

"California."

"Really was it nice?" Carla asked wide eyed.

"I loved it there." I said thinking back to all the memories.

"I always wanted to go there." She said, her mind going elsewhere. "I never really left this place."

   Its funny how much I envy her, and I'm sure she feels the same about me. I can’t even imagine living in one place your whole life. I would give everything for it. I would give anything for a nice house, in a nice area, with tons of friends. Thats exactly what Carla, and all the other girls have, in my eyes at least.

   Carla stopped in front of a small, tan house. It was an exact copy to mine. The only difference was that the colors were different. Hers was a light tan color with white shutters. Now that I look around all of the houses in this area are exactly the same but different colors. All these houses were probably made by the same manufacturer. There is so much land here, why couldn’t they make all the hoses then same just a little bit bigger?

"Are you ready for this? My house is pretty beast." She said jokingly.

   We walked up the stoop, and Carla held the door open for me. I stood still when I walked through the doorway. Is this the same way my house is set up? 

It is absolutely bigger than I expected. When you first walk in theres the living room on your left, and the kitchen on your right. Honestly I had low expectations for the inside, but everything was modern, and new looking. Granite countertops in the kitchen, flat screen television. There was even enough room in the kitchen, not only did it have a kitchen table but a breakfast nook to!My old house had that, I hope my new house does to.

"Are you going to stand here all day or are you going to step out of the door way for me to come inside?" Carla said. I couldn’t tell if she was kidding or not, so I took a cautious step aside.

"Mom! I'm home!" Carla yelled.

“I’ll be there in a minute sweetie." Replied a voice that currently didn’t have a face in my mind, but soon will.

   A older looking lady came up from a door that led downstairs. Her eyes lit up when she saw me.

“Sorry I was just cleaning up downstairs. The boys were down there last night, and they left me quite the mess to clean up.’’

"Mom, This is Darcy, she just moved in next door." Carla said.

"Ohhhh, Your David's daughter?" Carla's mom asked.

"Yes, you know my Father?” How in the world could she know Dad.

“It seems everyone know your father. He is a very smart man you know. He told me a little bit about you and your brother.”

   I just blushed unsure of what to say next. It’s funny thinking that she knows my Dad. When did she meet him? Did he come knocking on their door?

Carla started walking away, and motioned for me to follow. 

" It was nice to meet you Ms…..” I didn’t know what to say! I didn’t know Carla’s last name.

"Call me Ann." She said before yelling. "Cam come out of your room we have a guest!” Ann winked at me. 

   My cheeks burnt red. What was that wink for? This guy better not be a jerk like the rest of them. I followed Carla into her bedroom. Before Carla walked into her room she stopped in the doorway, and looked curiously back at me.

“Did you hear that?” She asked

Cam's POV

"Cam come out of your room we have a guest!”

   Could this be the girl that messed with Shawn? Its gotta be. I want to get a good look at this girl. I left my math homework on my bed and got up. Bet the guys would be come running here in a second if they knew this girl might be in my house.

I was almost to the door when I looked at my feet, and picked up a pencil from the ground. That would’ve hurt if I stepped on that, I would have fell and broke my neck. I chucked it back con my bed. When I thought I had saved myself I tripped on midair, I reached for the desk, but missed. I slammed my face on the edge of the desk. After making a loud enough raucous, which I’m pretty sure everyone in the house heard, I hastily jumped up and swung open my door. 

Darcy's POV

   The door on my left swung open. On instinct, I jumped away. In the door way was a boy, Cam I assume. He had blood dripping down his face. He looked just as surprised to see me standing there, as I was to see him there with a bloody nose. We both stood still, eyes locked, until Carla broke the silence.

“What the hell happened to you nose?” Carla asked. Before he could answer Carla said, “This is Darcy by the way.” 

She pulled me into her room before I could say hello.