Chp.2

• Dedicated to Michelle

  I was awoken from my sleep by the bump of the plane hitting the runway. It jolted me up, surprising me at first, but my surprise was suppressed by the new excitement rising inside of me.

   This is it. We will be living in this house longer than any other. Two whole years. I didn’t believe it when my Dad told me on the phone the other night.

The Other Night

“Darcy dear phone for you.”

I rarely get phone calls. Unless it is from Dad. I wonder what he has to say. Hopefully it will be something about the knew house. I took the phone off the receiver.

“Hello?”

“Hey Darce! It’s Dad.” As if I didn’t already know.

“Hi Dad what’s up?”

“I have something to tell you something.” Oh no, that usually doesn’t mean something good.

“What do you have to tell me?” 

“You know we’re moving in a few days. Well I’m at our new house right now, and I have just decided something. I talked with your Mom and she is all for it…”

“What is it just tell me!” I say.

“We decided that we will be living at this new house for a little over two years.”

End Of Flashback

   When I was younger I would always think the worst of things. I was such a negative nelly even in kindergarten. My dad jokes about that fact even now, wondering where I get it from. Now it is pain to see I get it from my mother. Apparently all those little side comments she would make about things when I was younger really stuck with me.

   I took out my headphones when I heard the familiar voice of the speaker. I blinked my eyes groggily, and yawned.

   The stewardess talking was basically right in front of us so I heard her loud and clear. Then again, with her bright red lipstick, blue uniform, and fake smile it was kind of hard to miss her.

"Thank you for choosing Air-safe Airways. Right now local time is 4:30 Pm here in central Florida..."

   I zoned out when I heard central Florida. Isn’t central Florida like Orlando...meaning Disney World? It's so great to finally get excited about a new house. Since I've never been excited before only knowing I would have to leave in a short matter of time. But this time it's different. This time I can really call this place home. 

   We unbuckled our seat belts, and got our suitcases out from the overhead bin. Again it was lucky that we were in the first row of seats because it means we can get off first. Which is not only good for us, but the other people behind us. If I were anywhere but the first seat anyone in front of me would get very annoyed with my lack of patience. I can’t help, even in the first seat. I get off the plane as fast as I can.

   We fast-walked through the airport. As we passed all the little restaurants my stomach growled, and I realized how hungry I was. For one of the first times in my life all that greasy, fast food was looking really appetizing. Who am I kidding. Greasy food always looks appetizing to me. It doesn’t matter because I couldn’t eat anyways. I was to excited to see our new house, there was no time for food.

   I started thinking about what we would be seeing on the drive to our house. Would we be passing through Disney world, and theme parks? All the thinking of what we would see out the window made me envision something else. How exactly would we be getting home? Taxi? Bus?