"so.. uh, william may or may not have invited me on a ball, though don't get me wrong. he didn't invite me as his.. date? but that's not the point-" you were talking so fast and charlotte could see excitement radiating on your eyes.

"hold up. so vangeance had invited you on a ball? where exactly and what's so important that you'd to follow me urgently?" she blinked and you chuckled nervously.

"you know.. i know i've been around clover for half a year now but i'm kinda not familiar of where this mizuchi residence is.. the invitation says that the ball is happening at that place and i have no idea where on heck that is." you gulped, the look on charlotte's face made you a little bit nervous.

"is this said ball happening tommorow at 8 pm?" you nod, "how did you know?"

the captain sighed, "well, as far as i'm informed, all of the captains are invited and yami asked me to be his.. yeah to go with him and-" you cut her off, excitement lingering on your voice with slight stern, "you didn't reject him did you? i swear to-" she stops your cussing by raising her index finger up and saying, "h-how could i-" squealing, you pulled her hands up with you as you two giggled. "you are so childish, stop it." she playfully says while giggling with you.

the laughter soon dies down, "is vangeance not going there with you? he dares to invite you without showing his presence?! no-" you chuckled, assuring the woman that it is surely fine with you, which she seemed to shrug off the topic and asking you to come at her base's headquarters so you both could go together. you kind of felt sorry for yami since it was him who she was supposed to go with yet here you are, interfering their lovely moments.

you're just thankful that the people around you is understanding and kind, if not then you'd be far far away from here this day.

-

after leaving charlotte and yami alone, you and your dragon flew back to the blue rose's base and waited for the woman there since you have nothing more to do, and that you two have decided to go 'trying out dresses' for this ball, knowing that you have no clothes suited for these types of occasions and that charlotte insisted to go.

soon enough, the captain finally arrived. you left frost with her trusted members while they train, it isn't the first time of you leaving your dragon with them so it's not so much of a big deal. you set a small shield on her before setting off.

-

this 'shopping' with charlotte has been going incredibly fun, going here and there while picking out anything that suited you. and for the last store, the dress shop.

it was a small store from the outside and you can't help but get confused as to why the captain with you insisted that you pick your clothing here. it's not like you were looking down on her fashion style, you just expected her to pick a fancy shop since she is charlotte roselei.

as you two entered, you left your bags at the small reception with two girls standing behind the counter as they greet you, to which you greeted back.

"ah miss roselei! it's nice serving you again!" a woman from nowhere spoke up, you slightly flinched at her high pitched voice but calms down when you heard charlotte's relaxed tone. "your store has served me for a century now and you're still surprised?" she chuckles. it surprised you at how nonchalant she's speaking to this woman, charlotte usually only talks like this to people close to her, but she did mention that she's been buying clothes from this store for a long while, is this woman perhaps the owner of the shop?

"ah y/n, i'd like you to meet miss aika, she's the owner of the store and what she offers is always amazingly beautiful." charlotte compliments, well, maybe they are a bit more close than you expected. you shook miss aika's hand and mumbled a "nice to meet you" as she did too.