Sherly (short story)

A woman named Sherly has arrived at a train station a few miles from her workplace. The clock on hand already showed 11pm and the last time the train operated was 11.25pm. Sherly complained of fatigue as she sat in the waiting seat. Unexpectedly that night, she had to come home late from work because she had a lot of work to do. Fortunately, she was able to tell her family about it.

Apart from herself, there were several other people who were also at the station. Sherly sighed in relief. She thought that she was the only one who would be there. She had heard old rumors saying whoever boarded the train at the last minute, then that person would meet death unexpectedly. Sherly felt horrified when she heard it. Yet that was just a myth and she didn't have to worry about it. Furthermore, no bad incidents have occurred in recent times.

After a few minutes of waiting, the train finally arrived at the station. Sherly felt pounding for a moment. Probably because this was the first time she had boarded a train late at night. Then she sat in a seat close to the train door. The other passengers sat on the other side of the coach. Fortunately, Sherly was not alone as she was accompanied by a woman sitting at the end of the coach. When observed, she had long hair up to waist level while diligently reading a book.

Realizing she was being watched, the woman glanced at Sherly with a sharp gaze. Sherly paused for a moment then turned to look the other way. Her heart was beating fast for no reason. Then she leaned back in her seat with her head looking up. Fatigue after working overtime is still felt. She intends to sleep for a moment while waiting for the train to arrive at the next station.

If according to her estimates, the boarded train has to cross as many as two stations before arriving at the train station nearest to where she lives. It may take an hour and a half to reach the destination. Meaning that Sherly had time to close her eyes during that period.

30 minutes later, the train stopped at the first station. Sherly woke up for a moment as she was distracted by the sound of the announcement through the loudspeaker. Then she realized that the long -haired woman had changed seat and was now sitting not far from her. The unknown woman was still diligently reading the book regardless of Sherly's presence nearby. Sherly didn't want to think nonsense and resumed her sleep.

But it didn't take long to realize that the lights in the train were flickering as if about to go out. Sherly kept waking up from sleep before realizing the long -haired woman had disappeared. She tried to look for her around the place but she was not there. Soon, the lights flashed again before going out completely. Sherly panicked. Surprisingly, only the coach she was in had such a situation. While in other coaches, the situation seemed normal. Sherly tries to open the coach door, unfortunately locked. She was puzzled by the situation.

She tried another way, which was to knock loudly on the coach door but could not be heard by other passengers. Because some of them are sleeping. Sherly was a little disappointed mixed with fear. A few minutes later, the lights came back on again causing Sherly to sigh in relief. When she wanted to return to her seat, she came across a long -haired woman standing upright in front of her.

Sherly was stunned to see her face so pale. Coupled with a sharp glance from her. She tried to muster up the courage to rebuke her.

"W-why are you standing here?" Sherly's tone sounded frightened.

"Sherly..."

Sherly's body continued to shiver in fear as the woman called her name. Strangely, she did not know the woman at all. How could that long -haired woman know her name? The lights flickered again. Sherly increasingly felt that something was going to go wrong.

Slowly the pale -faced woman walked over to Sherly. Shocked by the situation, she had to run backwards to the coach door. She managed to look at another part of the coach where the passengers were still behaving as usual. Is she the only one to experience this horror?

"What do you really want? Go away!" Sherly screamed in fear.

Not a word came out of the woman's mouth. Just silent as she approached Sherly who was in fear.

Then the woman stopped walking and stood upright in front of Sherly. Her head was half bowed as she cast a sharp glance at Sherly. Suddenly a foul smell like the smell of a carcass pierced Sherly's nose. She almost vomited because of it. She believed the smell came from that mystery woman. Moments later, something unexpected happens to Sherly. Right in front of her eyes.

The woman's body was divided into two parts; that is, part of the head and body to the level of the waist and another part of the legs. It was horrible for Sherly to have to watch it. The stench got stronger causing Sherly to vomit.

The woman's face turned ugly and filled with foul blood. She dragged Sherly closer and said, "Where are my legs...?!" Her voice was so creepy.

Sherly quickly shook her head to respond a question from that creepy woman. Her legs were just behind that woman. Why she asked such a question?

Suddenly there was an announcement from a loudspeaker saying that the train was about to stop at the second station. That's when Sherly realized the creepy woman had disappeared. The effects of the rotten blood that should have been there also disappeared. Without thinking long, Sherly intends to get off the train even though the station is not her stop station.

Just as she was about to step out, Sherly was unlucky again when her leg tripped and fell in the hole between the train and the platform. Saturated she tried to lift her legs but failed. She also shouted for help from the passengers who also got off the train. But strangely, they didn't seem to hear her screams. Sherly muttered. What has actually happened?

The train doors were tightly closed. The train honked as a signal to move away from the station. A moment later, the train was moving at a moderate speed. The lights at the train station were turned off after no more trains came to the station. The officers then dispersed to return to their respective homes.

In the middle of the night, Sherly was getting dying and having a hard time breathing. Her right leg was severed as a result of the incident. Slowly Sherly's eyes closed before being followed by the faint sound of an ambulance heard in her ears.

It turned out that Sherly had been involved in a road accident while on her way from workplace to the train station. The accident left Sherly's leg cut off as a result of being stuck in the car. The fate of the taxi driver was even more unfortunate when he was confirmed dead immediately in the incident.

Sherly was taken to hospital for treatment but was eventually confirmed to have died due to extensive blood loss.