Boy crush

"I like you, Leo. And my heart longs to know how your perfect lips would feel against my cheek." I stared at the ceiling of my bedroom as I laid on my bed and talked to myself. I slapped my forehead.
"Oh my god." I sighed.
I jumped at the sound of a knock at my window. I already knew who it was. I shot up and fixed my hair in my mirror for a quick second. I used to not care about how I looked in front of Leo.

I mean we'd had countless sleepovers so he's seen me in every stage of the day. Whether good or bad. He's seen me cry. He's seen me yell. And he's seen me smile. He's seen my hair neat and he's seen my hair a mess. I the same for him. Although he rarely cried. I think he thought it made him weak. We'd been through everything together. Once he got a girlfriend, though, the sleepovers stopped. And she took up a lot of Leos time. Not to mention she was the jealous bitchy type. Really bitchy.

I pulled back my curtains and was greeted by a smiling Leo staring at me through the glass. He was gorgeous. He always came up this way. Instead of coming through the front door, he decided to climb the siding of the balcony outside of my window. What a doof. I opened the window for him and he climbed inside.
"Hey." He brushed himself off and sat on my bed, leaning back on his hands.
"When are you going to use the front door like a normal human being?" I laughed a little as my words left my mouth.

"Never." He flashed his cute smile at me.
God, could these feelings just fade away?
"Isn't you're girlfriend going to be mad that you're at my house at night?" I walked to my dresser as I said this.
"Not if she's not aware. Plus, is it a crime to want to see my best friend?"
Those words never stung before.
"I guess not." I fake smiled. "Have you decided what you're wearing to the family dinner?"

Every year Leo's parents and my parents plan a big dinner with both our families. Don't ask me why because I have no idea.
"They're seriously making us go?" He rolled his eyes and threw himself backwards.
"Uh, yeah. When have they not in the last five years since they started?"
"I don't know." He sat up, "I just thought maybe they'd lay off this year?"
I smiled at him rolling my eyes.
My face went straight, "oh, god. Please tell me you're not bringing sucky Sarah." I wined.
"She's not sucky." Leo sighed.

"Is to." I hated her.
"Whatever you say, y/l/n." (You're last name)
"Oh I'm so sorry that i'm not crazy about the girlfriend who threatened to, and I quote, kick my ass if I ever laid a finger on you. As if I'm scared of a prep." I laughed.
"I know you don't like her. I'm not asking you to like her. Just try and at least get along with her."
"Okay, okay. Whatever. But I'm not going to act like her bestie or some shit." I looked at him.
"Okay. Nobody is asking you to, dork."
I smiled at him. You're probably thinking "he obviously likes you he's flirting with you." But he's just naturally flirty without really trying to be. It was sort of ass that he was this way because it did not help me lose my feelings.

"So, you came here at two in the morning for what exactly?" I sat down on my bed next to him.
"Oh, yeah! I wanted to show you something." He grinned at me.
"Oh god. Why does the grin on your face scare me?"
He pulled his phone out and pulled up a text between him and his friend, Gus.

Gus
| I know you're close with y/n but can I talk to you about something and trust you not to tell her?
Leo
| I guess so. What's up?
Gus
| i'm not positive but I think I like her bro.
Leo
| are you serious or are you just going to try getting into her pants? Because if you're just for the second thing I might have to kill you.
Gus
| well, I was partners with her on that biology project and she's really pretty.
Leo
| okay. Good luck I guess.

I furrowed my brows honestly grossed out.
"Uhm, no." I laughed and handed his phone back to him.
"I'm almost positive he's in it to get laid." Leo looked annoyed.
To see his reaction, I looked at him and said, "Maybe I wouldn't mind."
He stared at me blankly for a moment, "okay." He said this with an annoyed tone.
"Leo, I'm kidding. You really think I'd let some guy use me?" I laughed.
He continued to stare at me, annoyed. Leo was a very productive guy. It was a best friend kind of thing I guess.
"Stop death staring me." I shoved him lightly.
"Okay, Well you text Gus and set up a hook up and I'll go home so You two can have fun." He smiled at me sarcastically. He was still annoyed.

He got off my bed and went for the window.
"Leo." I frowned as he went back out the way he came.