Chapter ~7~

I tried everything to get out of his grip but ,He wouldn't budge. He cupped my face and started kissing my neck ,I felt disgusted and I balled my hands into fists and was ready to use magic.

But ,I suddenly heard someone groan in pain. The guy that was on me was pulled and thrown on the floor. My eyes widened as I saw Lucas beating the shit out of the two wasted guys.

They were laying on the ground with blood all over their faces. I hated the sight of blood and I felt my lunch coming back up. So ,I just turned on my heels and walked away. Seconds later ,I heard footsteps from behind me but ,I knew that the wasted guys were already passed out and that it was most probably Lucas.

I kept walking anyways and didn't slow down my pace ,he managed to catch up to me and was now walking backwards as he was facing me.

"Don't I get a thank you?" he asked raising his eyebrows.

"I didn't ask for your help" I scoffed.

"Your welcome ,Princess" he said smirking.

"Please get out of my way ,I appreciate what you did back there but ,like I said before ,I didn't need your help" I spat and pushed past him.

"I just wanted to make sure that you're alright and that no one hurts you ,Princess" he said frowning his eyebrows.

"First of all ,you're not my personal bodyguard. Second of all ,I hate it when you call me princess. And I can defend myself because I am-" I quickly shut my mouth and my eyes slightly widened.

What the hell is wrong with me? I was just about to reveal my secret. It's his fault that he always drives me crazy. He gave me a confused look .

"It's nothing ,just forget what I said" I said and quickened my pace.

"Sure. Goodnight ,Laurie" he said.

After a couple of minutes I heard footsteps from behind me. I turned around scared shitless.

"Why are you following me? Are you stalking me?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"What? Can't I walk in this street?" he said innocently with a slight smirk. I shook my head and kept walking.

I finally reached my house and Lucas was still walking behind me. I walked to my house and opened the door ,Lucas smiled at me and I just slammed the door in his face. I ran upstairs to my room and peeked out of my big window.

Lucas was still standing there and then walked back in the same direction we came from. Wait ,he doesn't live near here? I thought that's why he was walking behind me.

Suddenly realization came over me and I felt slightly flattered and happy but also guilty. He walked behind me to make sure that I was okay ,that just made me feel warm from the inside. But ,I felt guilty that I treated him the way that I did. He was just being nice and I was being my bitchy self.

The smile that I had on my face turned into a frown when I realized how much that I've changed. I didn't use to be bitchy or mean ,I used to be nice and always happy and hyper. I really did change.

I plopped on my bed and didn't bother to change my clothes. Aunt Emma called for me and told me that dinner was ready but ,I wasn't hungry. I've never been hungry ever since Justin disappeared ,my parents died and me moving to another city ,leaving my friends behind.

I drifted into a deep sleep wondering why was everything that's happening to me was happening. They do say that everything happens for a reason so ,what's that reason for everything that's happening to me?

********

Today at school it was pretty boring and nothing really happened. It was quite. Wait a sec? It never is quite. Where's Lucas? He didn't bother me today at all and I didn't see him all day...Why do you even care ,Laura? It's not like I like him or anything. Yeah...