𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒

Start from the beginning

"Just spit it out already." I was growing impatient and that's the thing he hates the most, but I don't care.

"Watch your tongue young lady, or else..." He trailed off.

I scoffed. "What, kill me? You and I both know that you can't afford to lose me."

"No, no, I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about Jean." He grinned at me, knowing he has me on the ropes. "So, if I were you, I would shut my pretty little mouth."

I swallowed thickly, before nodding for him to continue about 'our talk'. It wasn't because I was afraid — it's just that, things I do have consequences that are much worse than my death, if that ever happens. Thing is I'm protecting something that is my world, I can't risk their life just because of my mistakes, so, I have to follow orders, good or bad, I have no choice.

"I will let you know when the time is right." He finished, shooing me away, and I didn't bother to open my mouth, I just obliged.

On my way to my sister's cell or room, whichever you call it, I saw Killian by the window, staring outside as if thinking of escaping.

"What are we looking at?" I asked from behind him, 'causing him to jump in shock.

"Don't you do that!" He whisper-shouted, making you chuckle ever so lightly. He glared at you by the sudden humor, making you clear your throat in realization.

"How's the outside world?" He asked after a while, his voice sounding small.

"It's... okay, I guess." I replied in hesitation and he sighed.

"You're lucky, you know." He chuckled to himself.

"Why is that?" I asked quietly.

"You get to experience the life outside of this shithole." He muttered bitterly.

I shrugged. "Not really that lucky since my sister is here, I really can't call myself lucky."

He looked back at me and smiled sadly. "Still you're lucky." He pleaded and I only half-smiled.

"Yeah, well, one day you'll get out of here." I promised and he scoffed.

"I doubt that."

"Don't... You just hope." I send him one more glance before detatching myself from him and made my way to where I was supposed to be.

"Jean?" I called out for her name as I entered the room.

"Y/N?" She responded, poking her head from where she was sitting.

By the time she met my eyes she smiled widely, pulling me in for a bone-crushing hug.

And yes, I do have a sister — little sister, and her name is Jean. We grew up together in a fine house with our mom in Washington D. C. , but that was a forever ago, when Howard Stark decided to put us in a cryo to keep us safe and alive during the war, but when we woke up, we ended up in the grasp of HYDRA, which became our home.

"I missed you." She stated after pulling away from the hug.

"I missed you too." I replied emotionless, which she doesn't like. "So, how are you?" I asked.

She made an eye roll. "Really? You're pulling me the 'no feelings' look?" She scoffed and I stared at her. "Just because you can't feel physical pain doesn't mean you can't have emotions!" She sighed frustratedly. She was never my biggest fan in terms of this 'emotions' thing, she thinks it's crap and an idiotic idea, but like I said, everything I do has consequences, and having emotions is one of them.

"Okay, I don't wanna argue about this 'cause we only see each other twice a month." I replied casually. "Now, can you please answer my question?" I requested, crossing my arms infront of me as I leaned againts the metal table.

"Fine, my powers are getting stronger and I'm getting the hang of it." She answered and I looked at her proudly. "What bout you?"

"I met a girl." I blurted out of my conciousness. "I don't know why I brought her up, I didn't really thought that I'd say that — and uh, uhm — but yes, I met a girl."

"And...?" She trailed off, amusement written all over her face since we never did talk about our love lifes.

"And I don't know, I'm just so hooked up on her and we're not even that close." I explained and she fixated her look on me. "Don't even try and locate her." I added, since I knew what she was doing.

"She's pretty." She grinned at me. "And a redhead like me." She arched an eyebrow, smiling at me. "You have a thing for redheads." She points out when I didn't replied and I seem to be lost in thought.

"I do," I admitted.

"You like her or you love her?" She questioned, directly looking at me in the eye.

I shook my head as I look down on the floor. "I'm not sure." I answered and she hummed in response.

"First girl since Rebecca," She continued and I nodded.

"Yup."

"You're willing to risk it again?"

I looked back at my sister, thinking about what she said and I couldn't seem to have any answers for that.

Rebecca, she was my first and my last, but now I don't have any idea.

The conversations went on but I never answered her question, I just changed the subject for every once in a while so it wouldn't go that far.

And before I knew it, I was back at my car, driving my way to upstate in the Avengers Compound, thinking random thoughts that comes to mind.

Problem was, I don't know how to sneak back without anyone noticing me.

I parked my car outside, just a few miles away from the actual place so that there would be no noise.

I walked quietly slowly as possible, pushing the back door open, the lights were off at this time since it was nearly midnight, so technically the Avengers are all in a deep, deep, deep slumber.

One step before the other, I took off my shoes so I would be only wearing my socks, less noise.

"Y/N you're back!" The sound of the AI startled me to death as I quickly ducked behind a table, 'causing me to bump my head and I let a small 'ow', even though I didn't feel it.

"FRIDAY, shut it!" I whisper-shouted before getting back to my feet then continued to walk.

Half way through there I decided to go for the stairs instead for the elevator, but before I could even reach it,

"Fun night?" It was Tony's voice.

And so, I turn around to look where he was, and there, sitting on the couch with an amused look.

"Not exactly." I grimaced, and he arched an eyebrow.

"Mind telling me then?" He asked.

I sighed. "Dates." I lied and that only made his grin grew. "Girl went wrong."

"Replacing Natasha, aren't we?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and I furrowed mine.

"Replacing?" I scoffed. "We didn't even had a thing."

"Really? Cause it seems like you two did." He paused, giving me a look of amusement and teasefulness. "Correct me if I'm wrong."

And I didn't correct him.

-ˋˏ ⧗ ˎˊ-