Outset.

|1|

"Anything that doesn't bring in money, or add value to your life is a liability. Objects, mindsets, physically, mentally, people, relationships! We have two options, get rid of it or turn it into a asset, and only the most pensive of minds are masters of that second optio-" "Beep, beep, beep!" My favorite podcast is interrupted by the sound of my bedside alarm clock going off.

I hit the head of my digital clock, shutting it off. Tilting the face of the clock up, I look at the time. I quickly read the red lines, "6:00am." I close my laptop, cutting off the podcast that was still playing. I had been up since 3:00am. I usually wouldn't be up so early, but I woke up and just couldn't go back to sleep. Guess I have a little anxiety today, today being the first day of my senior year.

Alright, I should introduce myself now. My nickname is Kam. Don't worry about my name right now. Hopefully it'll be known by the masses one day in the future. For now I have to keep all the magic at work before the greatness lowkey. I am 17 years old. I know I'm a youngin', but don't say nothing about it, and don't call me a baby either. I'm Black and Indian. I'm also average height. One thing about me, is I'm about my money. Contrary to whatever opinion y'all may have already formed on me, I am a pretty quite and chill person. Welp, that's enough on me for now. I need to get ready.

I throw my legs over the edge of the bed sitting up. First tapping my left foot on the ground three times, doing the same with my right foot. Standing up I slide my feet into some fuzzy house shoes, then walk to my closet. My closet needs some organizing. It was all out of order and just a mess. Dang I need more clothes and shoes. One day I'll sort it by color, and have a rainbow on my closet rack.

I sigh internally, before shaking my head out of my thoughts, remembering what I came into the closet for. Today seems like a day as good as any to wear black. I pull out a black shirt with "New York" written on the front in white, along with some jean shorts. I grab a pair of Nike socks, boxer briefs, a Nike sports bra, and my white Air Force 1s. Decked out in black through and through besides my AF1s. I lay my fit on the bed and go into my bathroom.

I turn on the shower letting the water warm up. After brushing my teeth and brushing my tongue three times, I wash my face. Finally the water had gotten to the temperature I like. After undressing I hop into the shower and wash up with Dove soap and cocoa scented body wash. Once I rinse off I grab my towel, and pat myself dry before stepping out of the shower. I hate getting the floor wet.

I walk back into my room putting my underwear and bra on. I throw my shirt over my head. I step into my the shorts, and follow up with my Nike socks and AF1s. After tying my bandana on I took a look in my full body mirror. I wanted to keep the fit basic today, but although I'm quite my style got a fire to it. I couldn't take doing the minimal with my fit. So, I grabbed a Nike shoulder bag and a black belt. After putting them on I decided to add a watch. Still basic, but better. I just don't want to be bothered yet. Especially not on the first day. I hate going through this every school year. I'm just glad it's senior year. School is in the way of my money making.

I spray on some cologne. Then grab my phone, charger, journal, and my favorite pen. I throw them in my shoulder bag, and leave out my room closing the door behind me. As I step out of my room the smell of breakfast envolpes my nose. I smile walking into the kitchen seeing my dad.

"Hey, Daddy", I greet him.

"Hey, Sweetpea", he replies with his back still turned, as he finishes up cooking.