Alec stares at Magnus. This is crazy, absolutely crazy.

Behind the pair, the front door swings open. Isabelle, Clary and Lydia all walk in.

Magnus groans. "Don't you people know how to knock? What if we were-"

"Don't continue that sentence," Alec threatens. Magnus grins.

The three just arriving Shadowhunters all look over at Alec to see him awake and (partially) well. The trio of girls all look relieved.

Magnus eyes Lydia. "What are you doing here?" He questions. Magnus had heard the rants about the new girl in charge and how she was just terrible. Magnus is not about to let some Shadowhunter come into HIS apartment and boss everyone around.

"I was with Isabelle and Clary when you texted. I was concerned about Alec too, so they let me come with them," Lydia says, speaking before any of the other two girls could explain. She narrows her eyes at Magnus. Alec could tell she isn't exactly happy to be in the warlock's household.

Isabelle and Clary make their way over to Alec, Lydia following behind them.

"Izzy, please tell me what Magnus is saying is insane. I am not growing wings," Alec tells his sister, his tone sounding close to a beg.

"I don't think it's that hard to believe." Isabelle tries reasoning with Alec.

Lydia steps in, "actually, there is a mutation out there that makes wings grow out of a Shadowhunter's back instead of being invisible all the time."

Alec looks over at her. If Lydia Branwell agrees with Magnus Bane then either the world is about to end or they're telling the truth. Alec huffs. Life couldn't get any better right now, note the sarcasm. He's upset with both Isabelle and Jace, his parents should have at least told him that they were in the Circle, and Magnus— Alec can't even look Magnus in the eyes.

"Alright, so what? I'm just going to be growing wings out of my back for a while and then I have to find someway to hide them. Is that all?" Alec makes sure he understands everything.

"Yes, that's basically how it will go," confirms Magnus.

Alec nods once. "Great, so if that's it, we'll all go back to the Institute and continue on ignore each other." He pushes himself to stand up. Izzy goes to stop him, but before she can even reach him, Alec is back on the couch. Alec growls. He can't even stand up without another spike of pain rushing through him.

"You, Alec, are to stay here under Magnus' watch. Isabelle and Clary have informed me that our medic isn't quite fit for the job of watching over you. And I would rather have you here with someone who knows he's doing than back at the Institute where no one will directly be there of something is to go wrong," Lydia says.

"But you know about whatever mutation this is—" Alec starts, aiming to fight back.

Lydia cuts him off. "I don't know a lot about treating it. And besides, I have a place to supervise, I can't always be worrying about you and your wings."

"So you're benching me?"

"Yes," comes Lydia's reply. "And it's the Clave's orders that you have to listen to me, so..."

"I could probably just do this myself," Alec states. It has been twenty minutes since the trio of girls left, leaving Alec behind until he has wings and is healed. One of Magnus' hands are keeping Alec steady and standing, while the other works with a cleaning cloth to try to clean up Alec's wounds.

Magnus chuckles. "Maybe, but I like being behind you like this."

Alec rolls his eyes. If he's going to be staying with Magnus for a while, he should at least learn to deal with all of the flirting. "Ow." Alec winces, his right shoulder rolling in response to the pain of Magnus' cloth touching his wound.

"Sorry.."

The apology sounds genuine to Alec. Which is strange because to Alec, Magnus doesn't seem like the type to care about anyone except his own kind. All Magnus wants is to get in Alec's pants and then probably never even notice Alec again. Not that Alec is interested or anything. But Alec treasures romantic relationships over sexual ones. To clarify, Alec would totally be in to the sexual part in a relationship. But only after a romantic relationship has been acquired and Alec knows the other won't leave him right after. Plus the fact that Alec hasn't actually done it with anyone, makes him even more nervous for when he actually gets to do it. If he gets to do it at all. He needs to find the right person first.

Magnus moves away from Alec for a second, his hand and cloth's touching leaving Alec. The warlock puts the soaked cloth down in the sink before making his way back over to Alec. "Would you rather be out here on the couch or in the guest room?" Magnus asks him, voice gentle.

Alec glances over at him. He gives a shrug. What does he care? "Guest room, I guess?"

The black haired warlock nods. "Do you want me to help you over to the guest room or have you got it?" There's a pint of bitterness behind that question, Alec notices.

Trying to see what he can do, Alec takes a step. His footing is wobbly and if he tries, he probably won't make it to the guest room. Alec looks back over at Magnus. "Help, please." There isn't much strain in Alec's voice when he says that, but it's there and present.

Together, Magnus and Alec make their way over to the guest room. They move slowly and as one. The warlock is patient with the other as Alec struggles through the pain. Alec could never have expected such pain that could come from just walking and having a back injury; whether it's wings or not.

Once there, Alec is helped by Magnus over to the bed. Alec sits himself down on the bed as Magnus repositions the pillows so they are more comfortable for Alec to sit near. When Magnus finishes, he searches for the time. When he finds it, he makes a face.

"It's getting late, do you want me to make you anything for dinner. I can order take out? My treat," offers Magnus.

Alec shrugs. "Take out pizza is fine. Thank you."

"Of course, Alexander. Pizza coming right up."