23.

Y/N's P.O.V.

"So... what now?" Scott asked with a mouthful of shawarma and I raised an eyebrow.
"I mean... we did it. We brought everyone back after 5 years. What's next?"

"Well... I'm retiring, that's for sure." Tony sighed.
"I'm getting too old for all this superhero... crap." He eyed the kids playing not too far from us, clearly watching his language. Peter, Morgan and Dee were all happily playing some kind of tea party doll game.
"Capsicle?"

"The stones have all been returned to their original timelines." Steve smiled a little.
"And the shield doesn't belong to me anymore." He gave Sam a small smile and Stephen pulled me a little close so I was leaning against him.
"Retiring doesn't sound like too bad of an idea for me either."

"Yeah, same here." Nat hummed, Bruce nodding in agreement.

"I retired years ago." Clint pointed out, causing Nat to roll her eyes.

"So all the original Avengers are retiring, with the exception of Thor, who is off with the Guardians... who's gonna protect Earth?" I asked jokingly.

"Them." Nat nodded towards the kids playing tea party.
"You two." She looked at Stephen and I.
"Those two and them." She nodded towards Scott and Hope, then at Sam and Bucky.
"Wanda and Vision, wherever they snuck off to."

"That Captain Danvers chick, too." Tony reminded.
"Yeah, I'd say the Earth is protected well enough."

"Modesty suits you, Stark." Stephen muttered and I smirked.

"Yeah, well we all gotta grow up sometimes, right, Strange?" Tony smiled a little and we all continued to eat and make small talk.
One by one, people started to leave, until the only ones left were Pepper, Tony, Peter, the girls, Stephen and I.

"You want us to take him home?" I offered, looking at Peter passed out on Tony's couch.

"No, I'll throw a blanket over him. He'll be good." Tony sighed, clearly exhausted.

"Right well, we'll get out of your hair." I smiled, giving Pepper a small hug.

"Thanks for hanging back to help clean up." She smiled and I shrugged. The cloak of Levitation appeared, holding Dee, whilst the cloak of Elevation hovered nearby like a worried parent.

"Anytime." I nodded and Stephen and Tony were speaking, but I only caught the last part, which confused me. Especially considering they high fived whilst saying something like 'awesome facial hair bros'.

"Do we question it?" Pepper asked me and I sighed.

"No. I don't think I want to know, honestly." I looked at her and she laughed a little.
"Is it just me or does this feel like a happy ending? After 5 years of chaos and... everything we're done? The world is safe, everyone is back, it's a little fairytale-like, don't you think?"

"Are you complaining?" Pepper looked at me in disbelief.

"No, God, no. I'll never complain about any of it, my point is-"

"It's too final?" I nodded my head.
"Don't worry, your story is far from over. Just wait until the next big bad guy rolls into town. I'd enjoy the peace whilst it lasts."

"Yeah." I laughed lightly.
"I suppose you're right."

"You ready to go?" Stephen asked, now holding Dee, whilst Tony held Morgan. I nodded my head, smiling as I opened a portal back to the sanctum.

"See you later?" I looked at Tony as he handed Morgan over to Pepper.

"Not if I see you first, Girlie." Tony pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back, before following Stephen into the portal.

"I'm going to put her to bed. You want to pick a movie?" Stephen asked and I laughed slightly.

"I've been picking movies for the past 5 years, besides you have a few to catch up on." I joked.
"Put her to bed, pick a movie and I'll grab pizza?"

"Sounds like the perfect honeymoon, Mrs. Strange." Stephen leaned down and kissed my head.

"I would still very much like to go away, Dr. Strange." I reminded and he chuckled.
"A weekend in that dimension where everything is made out of chocolate and I will be happy."

"We'll see." Stephen looked at me with a grin and I laughed.
Maybe Pepper was right.
I should just enjoy the peace whilst it lasts.