~2~

The Next Day at McLaren Hq

Lando parked his car next to another McLaren. You were surprised by how Lando reacted by seeing that car. He got a little frustrated. Is instead of parking it in front, he drove a few spots further away from that other McLaren that was parked over there. 'Why aren't you parking next to the other McLaren?' You asked. 'Then I'll achieve my steps.' He replied. 'You've already gone for a run this morning.' You said. What's wrong with him? You examined him. He looked over his shoulder, and unbuckled the safety belt. You opened the door and got out of the car. Lando didn't even dare to open the door for you. Why is he acting like an ass? Out of sudden? You found your way into the building. 'There's Y/n and Lando!' Zak greeted. He gave you a hug, you hugged him back. 'So how are you two?' Zak asked you and Lando, Lando did his thumb up. 'Yes we're doing fine, what about you Zak?' You said, 'doing well.' He replied.

'Alright let's go to the office.' He said. 'So we know that Daniel is a little busy.' Zak said as he opened the office door. He let you in, Lando didn't sit down he stood behind you. He leaned over your chair, as he made eye contact with Zak. 'And we cannot have just one driver for the team. Luckily we've the new reserve driver, his name is Lincoln Chase.' Zak continued. I now realised what was wrong with Lando and why he's so moody. A man entered the office. He wore a dark blue blouse, black jeans and a face mask with the McLaren logo on it, he took off his face mask as he walked over to you. Zak looked, 'see you and Lando have already met.' Zak said. The man looked from Zak to Lando and gave him a sly smile. 'Yes.' Lincoln said. You hated this guy, You've met more Lincoln's in my life, but this Lincoln I could honestly kill and burry him somewhere in the woods next to my grandma. 'Lincoln this is Y/n. Y/n this is Lincoln.' Zak introduced. 'Ah- nice to meet you... Y/n.' He said. You looked up and saw him licking his lips before he even sat down.

You listened carefully to Zak as he explained what they're going to do over the next few races. You felt eyes burning through your skin you didn't dare to look to your side. Finding out that the American driver was staring at you. Lando noticed your tension. He massaged your shoulders a few times before reacting to Zak.

When they were finally done you had one last talk with Zak before leaving the office. You couldn't find Lando, while you walked pass the cars that were inside of this beautiful building. You went to the bathroom and when you were finished you quickly watched your hands and went out of the bathroom. When you closed the door behind you almost jumped.
'Seems like the pretty girl is afraid of me.' Lincoln joked, as he leaned against the door. 'I'm not used to this.' You said as you motioned at his posture. He ran his hand through his brown hair. 'You know what's funny Y/n?' He smirked.

'We'll be seeing each other more often, right?' He asked. You were so confused why is he acting so weird? 'Maybe you and I can-' 'no. I don't know what your problem is!' You said defensively.
Lincoln's smile disappeared from his face. 'You should know something, Y/n. I always get what I want.' He said.
'Yeah you do? Are you so pathetic?'  You defended. He looked down, at you. He didn't even care. 'Bro?!' Lando said. The American turned around. 'Isn't that my teammate.'  He greeted.

'If you tell him.' Lincoln pointed at your chest. And didn't say anything else. But this manipulative driver knew that I'd know what he ment. Lando pulled you away and towards him. Lincoln shot me one last gaze. Before turning around and walking off. I took a deep breath out of relief, and then went to the kantine.
You took a sip from your cappuccino, Lincoln was there too talking to someone. He then blocked Lando. And said something to him. Lando looked at him with disgust.