Youthful Living

excuse any mistakes.

***

***

ONE WEEK 'TIL TOUR
SARAI'S  POV

"Girl," Shy huffed and rolled her eyes as she plopped down opposite me at our booth. "I am so bored. All those knuckle-headed boys wanna do is play Tank."

Currently, we were spending our afternoon at the arcade a few blocks down from the recording studio with Michael and Marlon. The boys had finished up laying down the vocals for a new song that Mr. Gordy had them working on, and he also showed Shyanne and I some songs the Motown writers were working on for our album. So this was their time —or rather our time— to chill and unwind.

It was all Marlon's idea for us to hang out together, and it was Michael's idea to do it at the arcade. But as soon as they noticed a new video game had made an appearance, they were spending a lot of time playing it, trying to beat each others high score.

"Remind me to never chill with them at the arcade again," I mumbled, reaching for my sprite and taking a small sip.

Eventually, the boys and their bodyguard, Bill, came back to the booth once they noticed a steaming pepperoni pizza sitting on the table. It's funny they thought we ordered it with them in mind.

"Um, no," Shy flicked away Marlon's hand that was reaching for a perfect slice. He looked at her with confusion written across his face. "Since you wanted to be playing that game for damn near 2 hours, you can order yourself a pizza."

He chuckled, biting down on his lip, before leaning into Shyanne. He whispered something slick into her ear, but I didn't care to find out what it was because of the subtle smirk on her face. Guessing he persuaded her, Marlon ended up getting the slice of pizza he wanted.

"You know, you kids have to be getting back home soon," Bill announced after glancing at his silver watch. "I don't want to get in trouble with you girls' mother," he joked.

"Why so soon?" I quizzed, leaning back on my seat. "It's not even dark out."

"Yeah," Michael co-signed with his mouth full, swallowing to continue his sentence. "We've only been out for a couple hours. I'm sure she'll understand." He said so innocently without a clue in the world that my mother was a control freak.

"Fine, maybe one more hour won't hurt," Bill reasoned after a few seconds of thoughtful silence. I chuckled to myself because at times like this, it was so easy to persuade him. "But remember Sarai and Shyanne start rehearsals tomorrow morning."

"How could we forget? Our mother reminds us every second of the day," Shyanne chipped in before pulling out a portable mirror from her pocket, inspecting her lip gloss for any flaws.