𝐋𝐎-𝐅𝐈

Start from the beginning

On the plane, Garcia was walking through the door to sit. I was excited she was coming with us.

"How come I only get to travel with you guys like once every 2 years?" She asked.

"Trust me, mama, it can get old." Derek replied.

"Oh right, like the way that spa treatments in 5-star hotels can get old." Penelope muttered.

Emily started walking through the aisles and sat down next to me. "Remember the time we got on board and they hadn't chilled the Cristal?" Emily let out. She was joking to piss off Garcia. But seriously though, do not come between us and our alcohol. After long cases it's all we look forward to.

"Ooh, I almost quit the BAU that day." I let out sarcastically.

"Okay, you know what? You guys can joke all you want, 'cause I am never leaving this plane." Garcia let out. In all seriousness, the jet can be fun but when you're on it so many times, it's exhausting.

Rossi was looking through the photos of the victims. No 2 were alike.

"The victims?" He asked.

"Each killed in a completely different neighborhood. Hell's kitchen, Murray Hill, Lower East Side, Chinatown, East Harlem." Hotch answered.

I always hate going to New York City for work. I went to college at Columbia to get my bachelors and I loved my time here. It's like another home to me. Coming for work in situations like these always make me feel so uneasy.

"It doesn't make any sense. There's no common victimology, no sexual component, no robbery, no geographical connection. Do the police have any leads?" Spencer asked. This sounds like it can work its way up to terrorism if it's not already there.

"He's killing roughly every 2 days. The press is having a field day, and it sounds like the mood on the streets' getting pretty edgy." Hotch told us.

"It's a joint FBI-NYPD Taskforce?" Rossi asked.

"Kate Joyner heads up the New York field office. She's running point on the case and called me directly." Hotch answered and then turned to JJ, "JJ, will you tell them we're ready to go?"

"Right." She said as she snapped herself out of her gaze. She's not with it today.

"Kate's starting to butt heads with the lead detectives and wanted a fresh set of eyes." Hotch continued.

"Joyner, I know her. She's a Brit, right?' Derek asked.

"Well, dual citizenship. Her father's British, her mother's American. She was a big deal at Scotland Yard before coming to the Bureau." Hotch mused.

"I heard she can be a little bit of a pain in the ass." Derek added. We all looked at each other.

"I didn't think so." Hotch shrugged. Wait a minute.

"You know her?" I asked.

"We liaised when she was still at Scotland Yard." He replied. I hate the word choice of "liaised". Emily and I shared a look at that one.

"And she's good?" Rossi asked.

"I think we're lucky to have her." Hotch replied. Interesting.

Hotch and Haley divorced so he's on the market now. I know he's not openly looking but....

The pilot came over the speaker to let us know it was time for take off. We were off to NYC.

__

We arrived in no time and headed to the field office. A woman who was the spitting image of Haley greeted us. I tried to hide my shock.