In her mind the day was planned out perfectly—arrive at the beach with her co-workers, set up the show, and win the competition. She knew it would be more than exciting to see her pieces, the ones she designed on full display. It made her dreams feel real. Perhaps it was real—or maybe she was stuck in one of the dreams, because nothing in Averies life had ever been this perfect.

But it was.

There was nothing that would hold her back from the feeling of accomplishment, even just getting here was one.

Once Averie was satisfied with the way she styled her hair and subtle makeup, she put on her favorite black heels to match her outfit and hurried out of the hotel. The same black limousine that picked her up from the airport was waiting for her now, in the parking lot of the hotel. Thankfully she wasn't late again, it seemed as though no one was even here yet.

Except for Malfoy.

He sat in the limo in silence, as did Averie. No words spoken between the two as Zara and Pansy both rushed over to the car.

"Morning fellow divine humans," Zara spoke, in a happier mood than usual. Averie didn't know how, when her own head pounded the slightest from previous night's activities.

"Where were you last night?" Malfoy finally said, sounding displeased as always.

Last night?

Was he asking Averie why she didn't sleep in their hotel room?

His head was down in papers, probably going over today's schedule, so Averie didn't know what he was talking about.

Until his head snapped up looking between Averie and her friend sitting beside her.

"The dinner?"

Shit.

"I told Parkinson to inform you both about it, did you?" he now asked Pansy.

"Of course I did, Draco," she said with a grin, obviously amused on how this played out. "I told them all about it."

"We went to the address we were given but there was nothing there! Just an empty street."

Malfoy glared at the two, not believing a word coming from Averie's mouth—why would he?

"The dinner was in the hotel," his eyebrow raised.

Of course it was.

"Well it's not our fault that Parkinson lied to us," Zara said.

That was true too.

But Malfoy waved her off, seemingly done with the matter now. "When we arrive, there will be a lot of commotion, so don't get in the way of anything. Don't mess anyone up," his eyes glided to Averie at that. "And don't interact with anyone. We're here for the show only. Got it?"

Don't interact with anyone?

Averie wondered who he thought he was telling them not to speak to anyone, but decided to obey his orders because she couldn't afford to piss him off today.

Today was crucial for her future.

Malfoy had told them that if their designs weren't up to his expectations, he would have to fire them. But Averie wasn't planning on going home, so everything she did today had to be perfect.

Averie guessed her boss was so uptight because it wasn't just an event for Mature Divinity, but other top brands as well. They were all competing for a prize that Averie was unaware of. Publicity? Bragging rights? Money, maybe?