We sat in silence and he scratched the back of his neck. "Is it dumb to ask if you're mad at me..?"

"WE'RE GETTING EVICTED!"

Max was startled and stared at me. "Y/n-"

"We have $97 left. You can't get a job and neither can I. What the fuck are we going to do Max? What now? We were supposed to have jobs by now."

He teared up and I shook my head. "No. Don't. Don't start crying. Why wouldn't you have told me we were broke?" I asked.

He looked down and I shook my head.

I got up and started towards the bedroom. "Don't get in bed with me." I stopped to add.

Max went to say something but I slammed the bedroom door.

[ Max ]

No... No, no, no.

I stood up and walked over to the bedroom. I knew she didn't want me in there but... I...

I'm a fucking idiot. I should've just told her.

I walked back over to the couch and laid down. I stared at the tv and tried to drown out my thoughts. She doesn't hate me, it's just one fight...

Right?

I turned the tv on and tried to focus on that.

Before I knew it I was completely zoned out, I wasn't conscious of anything that was going on but it didn't matter. I didn't want to be.

This was a handy trick my bio dad taught me as a kid because he and mom fought a lot and it gave me panic attacks.

I miss my dad... Why didn't he stay in touch?

.  .  .

Y/n's cries became apparent to me. I sat with my eyes shut, trying to decide if it was a dream or if she was really crying.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked up.

Y/n was wiping her eyes each time a tear fell as if that would hide the fact she was crying. I sat up and reached out, grabbing her waist.

"Baby... What's wrong?"

She sat in my lap and hugged me, crying into my shoulder.

"Bunny?"

She held me so tightly I felt like I was going to pass out or break a rib but I didn't say anything.

Y/n continued to cry for quite a while before calming down enough to fall asleep on my chest. I laid down and sighed, rubbing her back.

She quietly hiccuped a few times and tears still ran down her face but she was peacefully sleeping.

I decided I should try and do the same.

.  .  .

"Max your... Dick." Y/n whispered.

"Hm? Oh." I groaned pushed her a little further up so she wasn't laying on my morning wood. Y/n played with my curls, drawing me back to the edge of sleep.

"Max your boner is still jabbing into my leg!" She whined.

I groaned and sat up, setting her on the couch. I stood up and walked into the bathroom. Jesus Christ. I love her to death but seriously, I just wanted sleep.

I reached into my underwear and sighed, grabbing my dick. I sat down on the toilet and grabbed some toilet paper.

I expected this to go away fast, especially since it's morning wood.

I started jerking off and closed my eyes. I briefly thought of Y/n on her knees but then my mind cleared.

[ Narrator ]

Y/n got off the couch and walked over to the bathroom.

"Babe?" She lightly knocked on the door and waited. Her heart rate picked up when there was no answer so she slowly turned the knob.

When she came in she was relieved to see Max fast asleep on the toilet, his hand still wrapped around his dick.

She walked over and put a hand on his cheek, kissing his forehead.

"I'm up." He muttered.

"Right, finish that please." She touched his dick and Max laughed nervously. "Ok- I- I will. You know I will but I'll do it fast. I'll finish for real this time. I'll think about you- not that I think about anyone else!"

Y/n left the bathroom, shutting the door behind her.

She walked into the kitchen and started working on breakfast for the two of them, blushing at the sound of her name quietly being moaned in the bathroom.