012 ‑ Her Attraction.

Start from the beginning

Maybe that was why Kizito hasn't noticed.

Gloria was very difficult to read outside of our little circle.

"This is not about him being just 'hot'." I started, getting her to focus on me now. "This is even more than an attraction now, Gloria. You like this guy." I said. She seemed pretty shocked by how point blank I was. But the shock was gone almost immediately, a small smile playing at the corners of her lips.

"You don't know what you are talking about?" She denied, looking back at Kizito again. My brows furrowed in a slight frown.

I can't believe she's being in denial right now.

"Denial doesn't help, Gloria. Accept it. You really like Kizito." I told her and she gave me a weird look in return.

"You can as well shout it over the rooftop, Simi." She fired back in sarcasm and I quickly muttered an apology for being too loud. Thankfully, no one was passing or seated close to us, so no one could have heard.

"Why don't you just tell him?" I asked, nodding my head towards the subject of our discussion. "We have about ten months before Graduation. It will just fly by."

"That's exactly why I don't want to tell him." Gloria countered, turning to face me. "I tell him, and then what? He probably doesn't even feel the same way. Do you know how many girls want him?"

"You are not just any girl..." I started but she cut me off.

"To him, I might be." She said and I sighed, not knowing what else to say. "Look, it's not that deep. I've been doing this for almost four years now. Holding on for another ten months will be a cakewalk." She added, her lips stretching in a smirk.

Well, she seems to have this all figured out.

I looked back to the field, my eyes settling on the guy. Kizito was one of the very few people I was very much comfortable with within this set.

We don't talk much, except when it's very necessary but I was observant enough to know that he was principled and mature. The only thing I didn't like about him was the fact that he had a pretty short temper. But then to the best of my knowledge, his anger is always justified and it's not like he gets angry every time.

So Gloria having the hots for him wasn't a big deal to me at all.

Turning to look at Gloria again, I saw that she was focused on her phone like we didn't just have the previous conversation. Deciding to let her be, I looked back to the field to watch the match, but instead, I saw Kizito running off the field and coming to the pavilion.

Towards Gloria and I.

"Gloria, he's coming here." I quickly whispered to her, trying to be discreet as possible as the hunk made his way towards us. She looked up slowly, though I knew with the way her fingers tapped against the concrete that she was nervous as hell.

Soon, Kizito got to us and I legit heard Gloria exhale while I tried my best not to laugh.

Mehn, this will be so sweet to watch.

"Hey..." He acknowledged me first, nodding at me and I nodded back in greeting. Then he looked at Gloria, his lips stretching in a smile.

"Gigi," He called and I watched as Gloria took a deep breath and in a nanosecond, was back to her usual audacious and brazen demeanor. Hands folded across her chest, her lips quirked in a smirk. I had to catch myself when my mouth wanted to hang open in shock.

How does she change character so fast?

"What do you need, Kizito?" She asks, rolling her eyes animatedly. The guy in question chuckled, folding his arms across his chest in a way that made the muscles of his biceps bulge out. I swear I saw Gloria's eyes trail there for a second before they settled back on his face.