Their Kouhai »» 34

Start from the beginning

Ukai looked at the Nekoma who was on their right side. “Simply put, we haven’t won a single set yet. But if we calm down and go out there in full force, they should be opponents we can fight on equal footing.” He then looked at Hinata and Kageyama, raising a brow, “This is your first Nekoma set in a while, isn’t it? Go show ‘em what you’ve got.”

“Right!”

The whistle blew and the players took their positions. Aoyuki slowly turned her head to the left to avoid Kuroo who was looking at her, an up-to-no-good smirk on his lips. It was Nekoma who’s going to serve first, Fukunaga to be specific.

“Fukunaga, nice serve!” Yaku called out from his position which was outside the line, just beside the net. Fukunaga bounced the ball.

“Come on, bring it!” Hinata yelled, determinedly.

Karasuno: 00 l 1 l Nekoma: 02

“Nice receive!”

Hinata spiked the ball that Kageyama had set to him, his eyes were closed as he did so. Lev was a second or two late from blocking the ball.

Yaku dived but failed to save the ball.

“All right!” the crows cheered, clapping each other’s backs.

“Damn it! That’s amazing!” Lev cursed in frustration and amazement, regarding about the infamous freak quick.

“Don’t mind, Lev! That was close.” Yamamoto consoled their newest member. He was right. Lev was close from stopping the freak quick.

Asahi looked back, “Tanaka, one more nice serve!”

The whistle blew and Tanaka served.

Aoyuki noticed that even now, Hinata still has his eyes closed whenever spiking the ball Kageyama toss him whenever they do the freak quick. There was a time where she asked Hinata why, he said that the ball gets him distracted, so he closes his eyes. After hearing that, Aoyuki can’t help but to be amazed in Kageyama, who was the reason why the freak quick was even made possible.

He really is a talented setter. Aoyuki thought, bringing her attention back on the game.

Daichi spread his arms and bent his knees, closing his arms together, the ball bouncing off his wrists.

“Daichi-san nice receive!” Tanaka called out.

Kageyama raised his arms as Hinata started running to the net, suddenly he jumped to the right side of the net, changing his position as he spiked. However, Lev’s reflex kicked in, he swiped his arms that were raised to his left, immediately shutting down the ball Hinata spiked. Nishinoya dived in attempt to save the ball but was two seconds late. The sound of ball hitting the floor echoed on the gym.

The whistle blew, and the Nekoma cheered loudly, with Lev being the loudest.

“Yoshaaa!”

“H-he stopped it...! He stopped that quick attack so easily!” Takeda was not the only one was surprised, Yachi as well. Aoyuki was a little bit impressed that Lev actually managed to stop it after a few tries.

“Well, Nekoma has always been pretty good at reacting to that quick attack.” Ukai said, arms crossed, not surprised in the slightest. “On top of that, that newbie middle blocker’s height and quick reaction time are amazing.”

Hinata stared at Lev who seemed to sense his gaze. He looked at Hinata, so he faced him. Left hand lifting up at chest level, Lev slowly curled his fingers inward a few times, challenging Hinata with a small smirk on his face. Aoyuki’s brow raised in interest after seeing the interaction between the two.

Kenma served, Tanaka received. Hinata stared running to the net and jumped, eyes closed. Kageyama tossed the ball to Asahi but Lev managed to touch it with his one hand.

“One touch!”

Aoyuki wanted to smack her knee. I thought he was totally being lured by Hinata! Even though he’s late, his block is still high.

Yaku spread his arms, calling for the ball, “Chance ball!”

Kenma tossed and Lev spiked, Hinata failing to block. The ball slammed on the Karasuno’s court. The boys gritted their teeth in irritation as Nekoma yelled in triumph.

“All right!” the nekos cheered.

Karasuno: 02 l 1 l Nekoma: 03

“Now, calm down. They already had a careful eye on our quick. For the time being, when we’re up against Nekoma, let’s mainly have Azumane and Tanaka attacking from the left.” Ukai announced, hands on his hips.

“Osu!”

“Narita-san, here.” With a small smile, Aoyuki handed Narita his towel and water bottle, she then looked towards Ukai who looked unsure.

He must be second-guessing his strategies... Aoyuki bit her lip. She really can’t do anything since she’s still a newbie and barely had any knowledge about volleyballs except the basics.

⭐★⭐★⭐★

Kinda had to cut it off here.