Part 20: Training

Start from the beginning

Evolt breaks free of his restraints and punches them.

Evolt: Not bad. But you need to be ready for anything.

He pulls out a new Bottle and swaps it with his Cobra Bottle.

Dragon! Rider System! Evolution!

He begins to turn the crank on his Driver.

Are You Ready? Dragon! Dragon! Evol Dragon! Hahahaha...

Evolt changes form.

Cross-Z: He has a Dragon Form?

Evolt: Thanks to your old man.

He summons the Beat Crosser and slashes at Cross-Z. Grease puts his Sclash Jelly in his Twin Breaker and sends a giant robot claw at Evolt.

Phoenix! Robot! Best Match! Are You Ready?

Build: Build Up!

Fujimi no heiki! PhoenixRobo! Yeah!

Build: We aren't done yet!

You blast fire at Evolt who dodges but as he avoids the attack, Cross-Z takes the opportunity to strike Evolt's side, causing him to skid back a bit.

Ready... Go! Vortec Finish!

Scrap Finish!

Scrap Break!

All three attacks land and force Evolt out of his transformation. The three of you de-transform as well.

Evolt: Not bad. I'd say you three stand somewhat of a chance against Rogue.

Koji: Nice. Let's celebrate with ramen!

The four of you return to Nascita and Ryuji and Koji go upstairs but as you try to follow them, Evolt stops you.

Evolt: You're worried about Rogue's father...

You stop and look at him.

Evolt: After that girl has tried to kill you so many times... You're still putting the thought of her father's well being first.

Y/N: I know... I shouldn't worry about it... But... I can understand why Ayuko's doing what she is. She told me about how she's only had her father her whole life... I never even knew my father, Sento.

Evolt: Sympathizing with the enemy... That dad of yours was kinda similar.

Y/N: ... You know I need the Hazard Trigger to beat her, don't you...

Evolt nods.

Evolt: You're strong enough to hold your own but with the conviction she has, your chances aren't looking good if she gets serious... But that's why you need this.

He hands you a strange device.

Y/N: Is this...

Evolt: Your sister gave it to me to give to you.

Y/N: ... Can you do me a favor.

You whisper something into his ear.

Evolt: Right. I can handle that.

Y/N: Thank you. Now let's go. My fight awaits.

Meanwhile, Ayuko tears through Senki Shu Shinobi as she trains. As she strikes, she has flashbacks of her younger self and her father when he was healthy, laughing and having fun.

Ayuko's Father: Ayuko, remember. Daddy's always there for you.

Past Ayuko: I know!

Ayuko clenches her fists as the flashbacks end.

Ayuko's Thoughts: He wouldn't approve of these extremes... But... I've dug too deep to crawl out now... All I can do is beat Y/N tonight...

Hyoki: Ayuko.

The girl turns to see the Senki Shu leader.

Hyoki: Let's go.

Ayuko: Right.

With that, the two leave the room.

End of Part 20