XIX: 𝕂𝕒𝕘𝕖𝕪𝕒𝕞𝕒 𝕩 ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣

It was final August 11th, the Spring Nationals were finally here. The bus ride to the tournament was vomit-free. But Hinata was still shaking in his shoes. Everyone was nervous, I would be lying if I said I wasn't, but for the sake of Hinata's health and performance, I tried not to show it. 

I didn't get nervous before games, not back in Middle school. I grew used to always winning, it became a hobby more than a competition, I also grew to hate it. back in middle school I was the best player on my team. I boosted the entire game to a higher level, but most of the time it only worked because of all the wins I got for the team. Also, all the girls I played against were pussies, they didn't want to do too much training, and didn't want to get hurt.

It was 1 against 11 so the coach did do a lot. She barely showed up in all honestly, now that I'm playing against boys, they are rougher and harder to beat, which is always fun. I love being thought as just a girl then proving myself that I am better than a lot of the boys on the other teams and seeing their faces as I land a spike or quick attack with ease.

But, getting nervous wasn't my thing, I'm lucky to have people like Tanaka on our team, always ready to fire people up when its needed. Or Dachi, really to boost the teams moral at all times. Then there was me, I have been told multiple times that when I walk into a room, I can light a smile on someone face or give someone the confidence. Right now, I needed that confidence.

A sudden thought crept into my mind. I am shy...

I was shy, were the fuck did all that go? I used to be scared by Asahi presence, now I think he's slightly scared of mine. I also have to guts to speak to Dachi, who scares the crap outta me. I also mimicked Tsukishima once, who the hell am I.

When I'm around the volleyball team, my confidence levels goes up and the shyness goes down, damn the effect the boys have on me is crazy. I could stand being next to a tall person before, now I stand among them, still short compared to them but still. 

What the hell...

"Um... Emiko are you good?" Yamaguchi asks, snapping me out of my trance "You look like your planning murder or something"

"What? oh, no I was just thinking" I say, reassuring him.

We find a place to stay for the time being. Dachi reads the flyer about who and what teams are playing, Suga and Hinata look over the edge. Asahi looks really to kill, or ready to not throw up, everyone is on there 'nervous but ready' phase, if you know what I mean.

Hinata looked like he could throw up, he then mention that he did throw up already. When, I was sitting behind him the entire trip here?

"On match days its good luck to eat, right?" Hinata says to Tsukishima

"What are you talking about?" Tsukishima knows, but the salty-ness stays.

"Hinata you moron! Your a moron Hinata!" Kageyama says

"Kageyama, you help with your english you could use a better variety of insults" Dachi says

"Oh um.. okay" Kageyama says, I laugh watching the two, my eyes goes back to Yamaguchi holding his mouth.

"Just thinking about Hinata's spew makes me wanna..." Yamaguchi says, holding my mouth and nose.

"Huh? then go to the bathroom!" tsukishima yells

I look away and Asahi looks ready to puke as well.

"Me too, I got a lot of anxiety right now" Asahi says, slapping his mouth after his words.

"And here I thought you were looking tough!" Suga says

A sudden sick feeling comes into my stomach, my fists go up to my mouth, I feel the same way but I can't help but laugh a little.