Chapter 24 - 𝑺𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒓...𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝑵𝒐 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, nothing." Kuroo kept it to himself.

"Uhm, are you all right [Y/n]?" Why was she staring at Kuroo so intently? "Did Kuroo bother you while I was gone?" This was strange.

"I'm fine." You nodded. "Kuroo didn't bother me."

Yeah right. You've been alone with Kuroo for like twenty minutes and he hasn't been bothering you—even in the slightest? Impossible. Kenma could stand next to Kuroo for two seconds and be ready to call it quits.

"Can we get our ice-cream and leave now?" Kuroo interjected. After all, the man had been waiting patiently for the both of you all this time.

"Is this the reason you brought us here?" Kenma inquired. "For ice cream?"

"Bingo."

"I have ice-cream at home." He deadpanned. "You almost killed us for something I have at home?"

"The ride was fun though, wasn't it?" He winked. Kenma seemed to be having the time of his life in that passenger seat so Kuroo didn't see the need for him to complain. He gave his friend a pat on the shoulder and joined the line. "Let's go Taiyo's mom."

[Y/n] went to join the line as well but Kenma pulled her to the side. She was puzzled as she gazed up at him. "What's the matter?"

"You look pissed off. What did he do?" Kenma was well aware of Kuroo's temperament, and he knew that you were far too emotionally fragile to put up with him. So there's a good probability he said something hurtful to you when Kenma was away.

[Y/n] gave the man a small smile. "I'm fine Kenma. Let's go on the line."

Kenma joined you in line for ice cream, but he remained doubtful. "Are you sure?" Perhaps Kuroo told [Y/n] the reasoning behind his incident in the car and now she was disgusted with him.

"Kenma, look at me." She turned the man to face her. "Nothing is wrong. I'm happy, see." She smiled.

[Y/n] went further up the line and Kenma was left alone with Kuroo.

"I hope you didn't stain my seats." Kuroo whispered to the man as soon as he joined him on the line.

"Die." Kenma had yet to forgive Kuroo for the embarrassment he put him through.

"Someone's grumpy." He'd be grumpy too if he had to jerk off in a car because [Y/n] ditched him. "[Y/n] likes guys who are a pain in the ass though, so you might be her type." It was strange how such a sweet young lady could fall in love with someone so unlike her. How does that even happen?

"Why did you send her to the car? I told you not to." He would not have been able to survive the exposure if his reflexes had kicked in even a fraction of a second later.

"She wanted to help," Kuroo lied, "but you kicked her out."

Kuroo watched as Kenma's eyes glistenined with a bit of excitement. "She did?" But Kuroo had a habit of joking around, "Are you messing with me?" Kenma wasn't certain.

"Yeah." He laughed.

"You know how I said you have to be more demanding?" Kuroo had learned something new. "Don't do that anymore." Kenma's gameplan was actually better than what Kuroo originally had in mind. "Just keep doing what you're doing." The whole 'never doing anything with [Y/n] unless she admits that she wants to' was quite fitting.

"What did she tell you for you to change your mind?" Kenma was dying to know but no one was telling him anything.

"She's to the front of the line, go pay for her ice-cream." Kuroo pushed Kenma to the front with [Y/n].

Why does no one ever tell him anything around here? "Hey [Y/n]." He approached her.

"Kenma?" She hadn't noticed when he joined her.

"Yeah," He greeted.

"Hi."

"Hey."

Kenma couldn't determine if the awkwardness between them was caused by what happened in the car or by their inability to communicate. Nevertheless he continued, "Which flavour are you getting?"

[Y/n] looked through the display glass at all the options. "That one," she pointed.

Kenma followed the direction of her finger through the glass and was pleasantly surprised. "Really? I like that one too." He smiled.

"I know. Your fridge was full of it."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

Kuroo was eavesdropping from a distance and although the interaction was beyond hard to watch he left them to it. They'd figure something out.

"Can I..." Kenma put his hands in his pockets and tried looking anywhere but at you. "Pay for it?" He finally got to the point.

[Y/n] smiled. "Uh...sure. If you want to, but I hope it's not because you feel bad for me or something like that." She didn't need his pity.

"I don't, I just want to pay for it. Is that okay?" He wasn't buying anything himself because he wasn't really interested in it. So he figured he'd just pay for yours and call it a day.

"Yeah..it's fine."

"Okay."

"Okay."

-𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄-{ What's taking them so long? Atleast hold hands or something

-𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄-
{ What's taking them so long?
Atleast hold hands or
something. }