Chapter 62 - Awkward Conversation

Start from the beginning

"Yes." Alura replies, nodding her head again.

Kara then turns to Lena and places another kiss on her cheek this time.

"Baby, I think our daughter would like to come here. We are going to have to end our snuggle." Kara says.

"Hmmmm, kay." Lena replies, clearly still half asleep, as she slowly untangles herself from Kara.

As soon as Kara and Lena are untangled, Kara shuffles in the bed, leaving a perfect small little space that can be filled by Alura. Once Kara has done this, she nods her head at Alura, and Alura then quickly, and eagerly, moves into the space, a big smile on her face.

"You happy now?" Kara asks, leaning over and placing a kiss on her daughter's cheek.

"Uhmmm." Alura nods, happily.

Lena them moves over and pulls Alura closer, kissing the five-year-old on the back of her hair.

"Sleep now... darling.... I'm still tired." Lena hums, eyes still closed.

"Okay." Alura nods, "Love you momma."

"'ove you too." Lena replies, groggily.

Kara smiles at Lena and Alura all cuddled up, and then moves closer to them both, making sure that Alura is in the middle of a Kara and Lena sandwich, wrapping her arms around the five-year-old.

"Let's all sleep again now." Kara smiles.

"Hmm." Lena hums.

Alura, Lena and Kara then all quickly fall back asleep, tangled amongst each other, and just so very comfortable like this.

***********************

Kara wakes up again at 9:30AM, and as she does, she looks over and sees that Lena and Alura are still cuddled together, and Alura seems to have moved herself to be entirely on top of Lena's chest. Admittedly Kara is a tad jealous of Alura choosing to lie on top of Lena instead of her. Kara takes a moment to smile at the sight she sees, despite her small bit of jealousy, as she knows that she shouldn't take these moments for granted, not after all they have been through. Kara knows that at any moment these types of moments can be taken away from them, for a variety of horrible reasons. Then at the same time, these moments might go away simply because of time. Kara knows that with every day that goes by Alura grows older, and gets closer to the point where she will no longer want to cuddle with her two mommies. So, Kara is going to take in these moments every opportunity she gets, as you have to live in the moment after all.

Kara watches Lena and Alura for about 10 minutes, laying on her side, as she looks over at the two people she loves more than anyone else in the universe. After these 10 minutes pass, Kara only decides to get up out of bed because she hears a noise from Alura's room, thanks to her super hearing, signalling that Ruby is awake. Of course, Kara knows that as Ruby is 12-years-old she is old enough to be able to be by herself for a while, but Kara thinks that Ruby might be a bit confused as to where Alura has gone, and be put off with being in a place she isn't too familiar with. So, Kara takes one last look at Alura and Lena, before she then gets out of bed.

Kara exits the bedroom, carefully putting the door to as she does, not wanting to wake either Lena or Alura, and then she makes her way along the corridor, heading to Alura's room where Ruby was sleeping. Once Kara makes it to the other bedroom, she pokes her head in the room and then uses her x-ray vision to check on Ruby under the blanket fort, which is still covering the bed. Kara's x-ray vision reveals that Ruby is in fact awake, and seems to be looking around nervously.

"Ruby?" Kara calls out, softly.

Kara hears some shuffles from the bed, under the blanket fort, and a few moments later, Ruby appears, looking in the direction of door.