Lyra at Jordan College

Chapter 2-
It was late at night and the had reached it's peak, as it shone bright in the midnight sky with the stars shining just as bright as they surrounded it. It was the night of the great flood.

Many a month had passed since the birth of Lyra Belaqua, and much had happened in this time, the court had forbade Marisa from seeing and taking care of her daughter and Lyra was no longer safe.
The sound of a helicopter was heard as the aircraft made landing, and out from the craft came Lord Asriel himself and Stelmaria following swiftly behind. Within his arms Asriel held the now one year old Lyra as he trudged through the deep and thick waters surrounding Lyra's soon to be home of Jordan College.

As Lord Asriel reached the door to the College he began to knock on the door, whilst supporting little Lyra with his free arm, and Stelmaria was by his side. "OPEN UP THE BLOODY DOOR!" He shouted as he continued to bang on the door, until it was finally opened.

The door was finally opened by an older looking man, who looked both confused and shocked, by the loud banging at this time of night especially during the flood. "What in the world?" He exclaimed alarmed as Asriel pushed his way forward and began to place the one year old in the mans arms.

"This is Lyra Pantoline," Lord Asriel spoke out of breath from the hard walk through the deep waters. The man Asriel had passed the girl to seemed perplexed, and uncomfortable, clearly he had no idea of what was happening, nor did he want to be a part of it.

"I need you to keep her safe, outside of here she is in danger," Asriel spoke with much conviction in his voice, though the man seemed unsure. "Lord Asriel this is a college it's not suitable for a child," The man argued back and tried to give the girl back to her father.

"I invoke the use of scholastic sanctuary, your my only choice," Asriel agued back using a right he knew the man could the man could not refuse, "But," the man quivered. "It's my only choice," Lord Asriel repeated again and again until it had to become a shout to be heard, though soon he was back to the helicopter with Stelmaria and had left little Lyra at Jordan College Oxford, for her own protection and safety.

Twelve years later,
Twelve years had now passed and Lyra had grown in to a young girl now at the age of thirteen. Life at Oxford was not meant for a child, but Lyra coped quite brilliantly there. She had a great friendship with a kitchen boy called Roger, and all the children from different colleges enjoyed the times when they would battle out against one another.

Once Lyra had lead a group of her comrades to a Gyptian ship where they had planned to loot it and send it off back down the river. Though the plan hadn't exactly gone as planned Lyra still had great fun doing soo and always found ways to keep herself entertained.

Whether those ways be racing round Jordan college with Roger or running along the rooftops with her daemon Pan, or on the rare occasion when there was very little to do, she would take a lesson or two from the Librarian or one of the scholars free.

Current day,
Currently at this moment Lyra, Roger, Pan and salcilia were gearing up for a race. Pan was currently resting on Lyra's shoulder, "now the rules are..." Pan began to say before Lyra cut in, "We know the rules Pan," She complained as she looked to her daemon who was in ermine form. "Doesn't stop you from cheating," Roger muttered from beside her, as he crouched down getting ready to run, "Well I can know them and not follow them," Lyra responded wittily and Pan began the count down.

"One, TWo.." And before the word three had left Pan's mouth Roger and Salcilia were off. "Hey not fair," Lyra called after him, as she to now started her sprint for victory.

Both children ran down the stone steps and through the laundry, where Lyra had decided to forget the stairs and instead jump into the freshly starched laundry. The laundresses complained but in a rush Lyra shouted, "I promise I'll help you clean it up later!" She yelled as she exited the large room and down a new pair of stairs leading to the kitchen.
Roger was currently in front and winning as both of them dashed through the kitchens, and onto a new corridor. Running down a long corridor Lyra and Pan tried their best to avoid people, but that didn't mean they hadn't bumped into perhaps one or two people along the way.

One of these people who Lyra had bumped into was the Master, who tried to call after her saying, "Lyra, should you be in class," But for Lyra it went through one ear and out the other, she was to focused on winning this race.

Lyra continued to run and run, though now she was convinced that she was the one winning, due the fact that she could see Roger in front of her. But no longer then I a minute later did she hear him shouting, "Lyra wait up!"

But Lyra had no intention of waiting, no, quite the opposite actually, she kept running at her fastest pace down the spiralling stair case, now convinced that she was fully ahead of Roger.

She made her way to the wine seller, grabbed some old looking bottle of alcohol and ran to the one place in Jordan College, she knew Roger hated the most. The Crypt.
_________
Hi everyone, so here you have it chapter two I hope you all enjoyed, just a fair bit of warning from this point I shall be skipping quite a bit so I can get started with the real plot of this story.
As always please leave a comment down below and don't forget to vote because they always make my day. Until next time my fellow readers and daemons.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jun 29, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Secrets Discovered in the Northजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें