Cook looked defeated once again, as we turned to walk away.

"Don't think he's going to let us in?" Naomi muttered.
"Nah he's just an obstacle we're meant to go to this party, fate'll sort it, just wait" Cook added, pointing towards the building.

We sat back for a minute or two, hoping we wouldn't be there long. I shot Cook a reassuring smile and he shot one back, but it was half hearted.

"Freddie, what the fuck are you doing here?" I head a voice say.

We turned around to greet Karen and her friend, who was standing there in a bright yellow dress and eyeing up Cook.

"Hey Karen" I said, Freddie repeating the same.
She glanced at us all before focusing back on Freddie.

"Well you can't come in, it's private" She told us.
"Don't be like that sis! It's Cooks birthday!"
"Unless you've got drugs, fuck off and take your friends with you" She said.
I smirked, knowing Cook always has something on him.

"Oh come on Karen! I'll make it up to you I promise" Cook said, walking up to her and flicking his tongue.
She pushed him away, glaring.
"Yeah, look it's not my decision, it's her party"
She nodded at the blonde girl beside her; a typical spoiled 'daddy's money' type girl.

"I'm getting married!" She exclaimed, holding out her hand and waggling her fingers to show off her engagement ring.
"Oh congratulations" Cook said, before pulling her into an uncomfortably intimate kiss. Did he miss the part where she said she's getting married? I rolled my eyes and looked away, not in the mood for jealously.

"Jesus" Freddie murmured, while Effy scoffed.
"Will you let us in?" Cook asked.
"Well, there is a pretty strict dress code" The girl explained.
"How strict, exactly?" He replied, pulling a little baggy of powder from his pocket.

-

"Oh my fucking God.." I whispered, looking around at all the middle aged people who were mooching around the room. They picked at nibbles of food and sipped on champagne, while the dance floor remained empty. The shit music didn't help either.

Cook walked ahead with Kayleigh, making sure one hand was feeling up her skirt. He immediately started guzzling down glasses of champagne.

"When she said party.." Freddie started, staring at the crowds of people.
"You thought she meant more of an acid fueled sex rave, without the mancunians" Katie said.
"This is more.." JJ added.
"Jelly and ice cream" Effy finished.
"Exactly what I was thinking" I said.

"I thought you hated champagne?" I frowned , looking at Cook.
"I do" Cook groaned, screwing up his face.
"Then why are you fucking drinking it then?" Karen asked.
"Cos its free" He shrugged.

This party was utterly shit, and we were getting bored very easily. Some guy walked up, and I recognized him straight away.

"Dad!" Kayleigh exclaimed, her smile beaming at him.
"Kayleigh-kins" He greeted.
"This is Cookie"
"Finish your drink kid. Have as much as you like. Nothings to good for my Kayleigh" He hissed.
Cook didn't seem intimidated, and smiled even so and said "Right".
"I wouldn't want anything to ruin the evening...drop the tone. Anything at all, ok?"
"Right you are" Cook replied, still smiling.
I tugged his sleeve, warning him not to be rude.
"Enjoy. Kayleigh, your almost a woman" Johnny said, before giving Kayleigh a kiss and walking away.

"You twat didn't you know?!" Karen exclaimed.
"Fuck it man, I'm just getting started" Cook giggled.
"What's the fuss?" Emily asked, glancing at us all.
"It's Johnny White. The gangster?" I told her.
"He's just famous for being..well..a gangster I guess"
"Yeah, legend" Cook said.
I frowned at him.
That's his idea of a legend?