"You don't think I'm-" he pauses right before snapping. He groans and I watch his back touch the wall behind him when we find a spot to occupy in the hallway. He then slide down onto the floor for a sit. The toll it had taken of being confronted with Finnegan is visible on Harry when he dips his head and cradles his knees towards his chest. He breathes in and then out, or at least he's trying to.

Between the women's and men's restrooms, vending machines of snacks and drinks give off a glow. I wasn't sure what to do or how to comfort him while he's like this. I knew asking questions would result in a snap. I then remember, he likes flavored carbonated drinks. Quietly, as he tries to calm himself down, I approach the soda machine. I take the spare change from my bag, and I spend a dollar twenty-five on his favorite drink the vending machine had to offer—strawberry soda. I bend my knees to reach for the soda can from the slot it dropped into. I then turn to Harry with it.

"Here," I say, after cleaning off the top of the aluminum seal. When I pop it open for him, I hand it over as I drop onto my bare knees next to him. "Have a sip."

He lifted his head from the nuzzle in his arms. He then looks at me then at the can of soda before shifting his eyes onto the vending machine opposite to him. It's as if he hadn't noticed it was there. Momentarily, he then takes the fizzing drink into his hand to have more than just a sip. He takes a gulp.

I bring myself down to a gentle sit when the discomfort rides between my thighs again. I hide it as we sit in a hallway that hasn't been walked through by strangers yet.

In the quiet, I think to myself. How did he end up finding Finnegan? Did Harry know we were being followed? He asked me to stay put near the cafe after claiming he'd left his phone in the car. Did he lie?

He releases a deep sigh, setting the aluminum can aside. "Thanks," he mumbles low but then takes his shaking hands to form them into tight fists. He could be forcing them to be steady again.

"Do you want to talk?" I say low to him as the first stranger interrupts on their way to the restroom. I watch Harry give them the side-eye. He also huffs under his breath.

Ultimately, in response to my question, he shakes his head. "Not right now," he then mumbles, and I nod. Drinking down what he had left in his soda can, a few minutes later, he then tells me, "We have to go back to the hotel room."

I watch him rise, crushing the can in his hand at the same time and tossing it into a nearby trash bin. He then puts a hand out for me, offering it for me to stand. Taking it, I'm pulled up by his trembling grip. He lets me go and I don't think much of it because his tremors are something he tries to hide for some reason. Adjusting my bag onto my shoulder, I then begin to pat the dust off my dress. "Back to our room to rest?" I ask Harry; to which he responds, "No, to pack our shit and leave."

I follow him closely as he has found a sense of where he's going. He's looking around, but I fall behind. I could blame the piercing for being the reason I have slowed down, but it's the thought of having to leave Vegas that gets me.

I thought we had more time.

He notices that I've fallen behind. He looks over. "Jo, stay close."

"I'm trying," I say under my breath as I walk faster in my steps to reach him. He then stops when we reach the elevators. He pushes the button on the wall several times and the family, two parents and a kid, waiting for the elevator sees the agitation in Harry. They look concerned and for a split second, I'm worried about how he's viewed as Harry repeatedly mutters a curse word under his breath.

When the doors finally open, Harry steps in and I follow him right into the shaft. I then notice the family skips out on sharing an elevator ride, for which I'm grateful. As the doors close, my eyes land on Harry near the panel of buttons. "We're going back to LA?" I ask him.