2: Deep Below the Weather

edited;]

I woke up to the feeling of being wrapped in my husbands arms. I smiled to myself thinking of last night's events, taking a moment to admire the peacefulness. Behind me,  Aaron nestles his face into my neck and groans, not wanting to wake up just yet..

"Good morning, my dear," he says groggily. 

"Morning, Aaron." I smile

His arms tighten around me as he deeply exhales, breath tickling my neck. 

 My eyes shift to the clock that sits on my nightstand as I determine the plans for our morning. 

"It's only eight o'clock. We have an hour 'till we have to start working. Are you up for breakfast?" I ask, knowing Aaron loves to start his mornings with a nutritious boost.

"Sure. In just a few minutes, Love. I don't want to get up just yet."

I laugh at his disinterest in starting the day. The old Aaron, Paris' obedient son, would wake up every morning at 7:30 without wasting an extra second in bed.

"What's so funny, Juliette?" He teases.

"The old Aaron never spared an extra second to staying in bed. Has Aaron Warner gone soft, or has my love for sleep just rubbed off on you?"

I feel his smile spread while his soft chuckle makes the bed vibrate.

"I have not gone soft, I believe it's the latter. I've also learned to appreciate relaxation, thanks to you."

I don't respond, just smile, appreciating the moment that will have to end soon.

After a few more minutes of silence, I begin to get up.

"I should probably go. 'll see you in ten?" 

Aaron nods, a little sad to let me go but without uttering another word, I slowly disentangle his arms from my body and walk over to  the closet.

 After getting dressed, I head downstairs to the seating area and find Nazeera and Kenji eating breakfast together.

"Good morning. Isn't it a tad early for you Kenji?" I teased. It's become evident that Kenji has begun to change his priorities. It's quite obvious that he has woken up early to accompany Nazeera to breakfast. I smile to myself, recalling how Kenji used to  claim that he loved sleep more than anything. Surely that's no longer true.

"Oh shut it, Jules."

"Good morning Juliette." Nazeera said, giving Kenji a look about his rude comment.

 I've decided to stick to the name 'Juliette.' Even though we've unveiled that my real name is 'Ella,' I prefer being called 'Juliette.' To me, my name represents something more than a title; it represents a story. I've gone through many hardships with that name, hardships that i'd like to wear on my sleeve by keeping the name 'Juliette.' 

I took a seat by the table near them and waited for my Aaron who should be here pretty soon. After a couple minutes and a bit of small talk with Kenji and Nazeera, a lean, blonde man in a suit walked towards me.

"Hello, love." he gave me his hand and together, we walked over to the buffet to choose from the variety of breakfast foods. I was feeling unusually hungry, so my plate was piled high with a large omelette and a few pancakes, while Aaron stuck to his daily vegetable omelet. When we got back to the table, Aaron chuckled while staring at my plate.

"Someone more hungry than usual?" He said with a smirk on his face.

I looked down at my plate and frowned. Was it that noticeable?.

"I'm just joking, my love. You can eat as much as you'd like. Whatever makes you happy." He said.

I smiled, still shy. Sometimes he says things that make my heart flutter and I can never control the blood that rushes to my cheeks. Those damn cheeks always give me away. He laughed a bit and we started to eat.

We continued to eat breakfast, knowing we would have to start working on our dreaded paperwork soon. 

Aaron and I spoke and shared opinions until it was nine a.m. When the time came, we went upstairs to our shared office and started sifting through the piles of papers sitting on the boardroom table. 

Allow me to share, the title 'Supreme Commander of North America' sounds way more magnificent and important than it actually is. It's time consuming and recently seemed to be the cause of my new and unwanted back pains. As we worked, my head began to throb but I pushed through anyway, wanting to complete the days tasks. Aaron seemed to notice and furrowed his eyebrows at me when I leaned back in my chair and held my head in between my two hands. "Don't worry, it's just a headache." He accepted my response and we both went back to work.

At eleven o'clock, my head continued to ache and I felt a sharp pain shoot through my abdomen. I got up from my desk and scurried into our, holding my hand to my mouth just incase. I shut the door behind me and fell to my knees, crouching in front of the toilet. This mornings breakfast shooted out of my mouth and into the bowl as a felt a sting in my throat. I didn't even notice the movement of the door until i felt a warm hand on my back.

"Oh my. Whats wrong?" Aaron said worriedly.

"I'm not sure, but don't worry too much, this happened a couple days ago too." I tried to reassure him while he made a pitiful expression.

"After you clean, I'll call the doctor. It's most likely just a virus but I want to be sure." I nodded my head and swallowed, hoping to relieve the burn in my throat. I finished up and flushed the toilet. The vomit left a foul taste in my mouth and I immediately began to rinse my mouth and brush my teeth. While I cleaned my teeth, I saw Aaron smile in the reflection of the mirror in front of me. I gave him a confused look.

"That just seems like something I would do." he said while I finished with my toothbrush. I laughed, momentarily forgetting about the bug in my stomach. He's not wrong. Maybe after five years, I have picked up some of his obsessive habits. 

We walked up and into the bedroom and I lied down on the bed. Aaron called the doctor and informed me he'd be here soon.

A/N: Not really a cliffhanger but sort of one lol. Im on summer break so ill update this whenever I can. 

Sorry for any errors <3<3