𝟗 → 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

Estelle had promised to not let anything get too far since it wouldn't be fair to anyone. It wasn't fair to Louis who most likely felt nothing for her and he didn't know about her previous relationship that could cause more baggage for him. It wasn't fair for Estelle since she wasn't cured from her heartbreak and it wasn't fair to Damon - she didn't understand why, but she didn't see it right to be with anyone for a while because of him.

Why was she thinking of this? She hadn't a clue.

Inevitably, there was downfall.

Hours after she made her post on her spam account about hating " The Notebook" because of the ending, she got a text. She assumed it was Gracie or Vicky telling her something crazy they had done or her mother telling her to take out the chicken from the freezer to thaw before she got home to cook it. It wasn't any of them. To her horror, the contact was much different.

damon had sent a message - 1 minute ago

She panicked. Did she check it? Did she ignore it? Did she delete it? Due to hope, she never blocked him, but he never messaged her until then. She racked her brain on what to do. Her head told her to stop. She had made all that progress and it shouldn't be thrown in the trash just because he texted her. Her heart was conflicted - turning left and right. " No" it said, but is also said " Yes" for an odd reason.

Before she could made a decision, her phone started ringing. Damon was calling her.

SHIT SHIT! DO I DECLINE? DECLINE OR NOT? WOMEN MAKE A CHOICE! AHHHHHHHHHH!

Stressed, scared and still herself, she clicked accept. She silently put the phone to her ear and prepared herself - better or worst? She didn't have an idea.

" Estelle?"

And it was back to rock bottom. His voice soothe her and she felt like she was back in Clearwater and had just picked up the phone to figure out what time Damon would be there to help her sneak out of her house to go out on a late night date.

" Damon." She breathed out.

" I'm sorry to be calling under these circumstances and I should have done it earlier, but I thought you really didn't want to speak to me. I should have at least made sure you were okay. I'm sorry." He said and she could faintly hear some music in the background. He would always play music on a low level in his room.

" It's okay. I understand why you would think that." She felt like she was going to cry, but held it back. " No need to apologize."

A million thoughts filled her head and it was two she returned to: Why was he calling? Did he want me back?

" I didn't get to say goodbye to you when you left and now it's too late to say anything to you in person." He cleared his throat. " Listen, I just need to ask something. Don't be mad with me and I won't be mad at you. Okay?"

" Okay."

" Do you have the ring? Richard said you didn't, but I just have a feeling."

Lie. Lie to him.

But she couldn't. He pulled the string to her heart with his gentleness.

" Yes, I have the ring." She was going to cry, she knew she was. " I couldn't get rid of it. I'm sorry, I wasn't ready to let it go."