I didn't move, and from what Mrs. Frisch said next, Saida didn't move either. "I said discuss with your partners, you both can't discuss with five desks separating you."

"Mrs. Frisch, something about this just seems—"

"Saida, move up here." Mrs. Frisch tapped the desk. "Work together for the rest of class. You don't even have to talk to each other after that, I don't care. Keep the complaints to yourself."

"I can't get a new partner?"

"Do you want to work with Lukas? I'm guessing no, so sit down here y'all are really working the hell out of my nerves."

Saida picked up her books and moved to the desk next to me. I looked over at her and smiled, causing her to roll her eyes almost immediately. "Don't smile at me, nothing's funny."

"This is like one of those cliche teen movies where even though you claim not to like me, fate will bring us together in multiple ways—"

"This is not a movie. This is real life, so shut up so we can discuss what we do for this, okay?"

"Shoot, go ahead." I dug into the pocket of my book bag, grabbing a Honeybun out of the sides.

"We can do this at lunch or after school, we just don't need any distractions because I get distracted very easily and—is that all you do?" She looked over at me, scoffing.

"What?" I asked her, mouth now full of Honeybuns.

"Eat. That's all I ever see you do. You should stop, you're going to put on weight." She mumbled.

"I don't mind putting on a few pounds." I rubbed my stomach.

"You should watch your weight, I'm just saying. My mother says your weight is something that you should keep an eye on, no bigger than one-fifty."

"..okay? It's one Honeybun, it's not that serious." I wrapped it back up and put it back in the side of my bag. "We can do it after school, I can come over and—"

"Come over where?"

"Your house, maybe? If that's not okay with you then we can do it at my house—"

"Who do you think I am?"

"I didn't mean it like that. I'm not trying to offend you. I just—if you're not comfortable with that we can go to the library during your free period. The location isn't the problem..just was trying to make sure we had a certain spot set. I'm sure you wanna get this over with, no?"

"I do.."

"Alright, free period it is. I'll see you at the library. Here." I went to get the leftover Honeybun and sat it down on her desk. "Have a good day,"

"I'm Saida, and this is Mekhi," She turned the camera towards me, before turning it back to her. "These are our mini-interviews which we will call.."

"When Doves Cry." I answered as she nodded her head. "Very creative name for this, we thought long and hard about this."

"We wrote down the meaning of the song and a few questions to answer. I will be answering questions first, and on another day Mekhi will."