Family Vacation

May 14, 2021

Outside POV

As soon as Brooke walks through the door, Ava stands up from the couch and walks up to her daughter.

"Hey, how did it go?" Ava asks softly hoping her daughter enjoyed the date and the boy treated her right.

"It was amazing Mama, Lucas found this art class where they let you play with puppies and they were so cute, I named the one that they give us Milo..and they are up for adoption, then we went to big belly burger and got some ice-cream finally he walked home with me just to make sure I arrived safely," Brooke tells her Mama excited, the only thing Ava can do is smile at her daughter maybe Lucas is a great boy like her fiancee told her.

"That is great baby just one more question, did he treat you right?"

"Yeah, he was really nice and he asked for my consent every time he wanted to take my hand or hug me.......or when he kissed me" Brooke explains, Ava's mouth hangs when her daughter mentions she had her first kiss.

"I am glad you had a good time"

"Thanks, Mama," Brooke says, she turns around to see Nate sitting on the couch next to Sara "What is Uncle Nate doing here," she asks looking at her Mama, Ava tries to come up with a late but Sara speaks first.

"He came by to talk about the legends, right Nate?" Sara explains and Nate nods following Sara's lie.

"Yeah, it is getting late I think I should go back to the waverider," Nate says and then leaves the apartment.

Ava mouths a thank you to Nate as he leaves, Brooke frowns then she walks over to Sara and sits on the couch.

"Uncle Nate was acting weird" Brooke states to her Mom.

"He was probably just tired. Now tell me how was your date?" Sara asks smiling as Brooke starts to tell her everything about her date.

Ava watched them from the door a big smile on her face just like every time she sees Sara and Brooke being Mother and daughter, it has always amazed her how fast Brooke opened to Sara, and how fast Brooke became Sara's world and adoration, sometimes she even forgets that Brooke met Sara when she was thirteen and not as newborn, it seemed like they were in each other lives for decades and not for months, it is the way that Sara is willing to do anything to keep Brooke safe and happy and also the way Brooke looks up to Sara and always tries to make her proud that made her heart melt.

After the family talks about the date they decide to watch a movie on the couch, Brooke changes to her PJs and joins her Moms in the living room, Brooke starts her plan to convince her Moms to adopt Milo, while the movie plays she mentions how cute the dog in the screen is and how cool would it be to have a pet.

At the end of the night, Brooke is asleep on Sara's shoulder like every other movie night when it is time to sleep Ava tries to get Brooke up but she refuses, Ava gives up she learned long ago that if Brooke is sleeping comfortably not even an earthquake will move her.

The next day Brooke wakes up early with one goal on her mind persuade her Moms to get a dog, Brooke made a five-stage plan, first show her Moms pictures of Milo to show them how cute he is, second get her Mom on her side,three take them to the art studio where they keep the puppies, fourth convince Mama, and finally take Milo home.

She walks to her Mama's office, Brooke knocks on the door then comes in when she hears come in from Ava.

"Hey Mama, can I show you some pictures of yesterday?" Brooke asks.