Chapter 19

"Looks like we are on their trail." Kisame smirked as he spotted a village that still had smoke lingering around.

"Indeed." Itachi agreed as he took in the obvious signs of destruction below.

"Maybe we will get lucky and someone knows what way they headed." The blue man adjusted his sword as he started heading to the village below.

Once they reached the village their suspicions were confirmed. If the damaged buildings were not enough to tell them; the shell shocked looks on the villagers faces certainly were. The Uchiha scanned the scene when his eyes found a woman pleading with a man who seemed to be their leader.

"Please you must send someone after her." She cried.

"She insisted that I do not." The man patiently explained.

"But she is our angel." The woman argued. "She saved us all. You can't just let her face those evil men alone."

Itachi had an odd suspicion that he could not explain as he walked towards the pair.

"Explain what happened here." He demanded.

"Rogue shinobi." The elder told him. "They destroyed much of the village."

"Tell me about your angel." The Uchiha turned to the woman.

"She appeared out of nowhere healed our injured and put out the fires with a dragon." She told the man before her as she looked into his eyes. He had the eyes of a demon, but she could tell that he was not.

"She had really pretty pink hair." A young boy that had gone unnoticed spoke up.

Itachi's eyes widened at the piece of information and while the villagers did not notice, his partner certainly did.

"Will you help her?" The woman almost begged. "There were three of them and she was all alone."

"Which way did she go?" Itachi questioned.

"She turned into flowers and disappeared." The child explained.

"The rogues headed west." The elder man supplied.

Without another word Itachi turned and headed in the direction that had been indicated. Kisame glanced once more at the villagers, eyes lingering on the boy before he followed in his partners wake. Too bad the last bag of candy he had purchased at port fell out of his cloak pocket as he turned to go.

"A pink haired angel huh." Kisame said as he caught up to Itachi. "I wonder if she is any relation to that pink haired demon that Deidara keeps going on about?"

"Hn." Was the only reply that he would receive, but Kisame had known his partner for a long time.

Itachi knew more than he was willing to say. The blue haired man however was undeterred. He would have tried to pry more information from his partner, but suddenly he felt a surge of chakra that made Samehada tremble with glee. He smirked to himself when Itachi took off towards the source at breakneck speeds. He smirked to himself at the look in the Uchiha's eyes. Just maybe today Itachi would find what it was that he had been looking for when Pein had called them away.