28: CHOOSE

28: CHOOSE
***
A H J U M M A R U B Y

I looked up at the big old mansion where I used to live.

My garden doesn't look so well anymore, some of the flowers that I used to take care of are gone and it looks like no one has been really having a time to water the plants.

It took me a minute of contemplating my decision when I finally decided to took a step towards the mansion.

I need to be brave.

Because I am getting back here not for myself.. but for my daughter.

"Look who's here?" As I expected, Sang ah, my ex-husband's new wife is the first to welcome me. "You have no right to be here Ruby."

I tilted my head and smirk proudly at her, I know that she's just trying to put on an act that she's tough but I know she is intimidated by me. I looked at her from head to toe with taunting eyes.

"Long time no see, Sang ah. I guess you didn't change huh?" I shook my head as I walked towards her.

"What do you mean?" Her brows furrowed, she can't even hide that she's irritated.

"You still look lower than me. Poor you." I said and tried to touch her shoulder but she slapped my hand away, I faked a gasped. "You must be proud of being the wife now. How does it feel eating something I spit out?"

I smiled, being satisfied as I saw Sang ah gritted her teeth in anger. She really has an anger management issue. I can't believe I used to be friends with her.

It is indeed wrong of me to trust a snake like her.

"Get out of here!" She shouted like a crazy bitch she is. "You have no right to be in this mansion! You have no husband here anymore!"

"I'm here for my daughter." I calmly told her. "Where is my Jennie-yah?"

Sang ah stopped from her whining and heave a sigh. "What daughter are you talking about? You have no daughter here, Ruby.." she smirked at me.

I tried so hard to stop my self from slapping of that smirk on her face.

"You left, remember? You left that child here.. with me. Do you really expect to come back here and get Jennie from me that easily? Hmm?"

I look around the place, hoping to see Jennie. I know it's wrong for me to just leave her here but it is the only choice I have that time. She can't be with me that time.

But I think I paid off all my debts already, I can get her back with me now.

"Where is my daughter?" I asked with venom in my voice.

"You have no right to call her your daughter. Jennie is mine now, just like her Father." Sang ah laughed like a psycho after saying those words.

I clenched my fist. I am not a violent woman. I am raised by my mother to always think rationally and settle the problem with class but this woman infront of me right now needs to be dealt with torture! After all she's done to me.. she has the audacity to laugh after she stole my family?!

I saw red and I am already strangling her neck using my bare hand. "Tell me.. where is my daughter?"

"A-ahh.." she can't breath.

"Where is my Jennie-yah?" I asked while I glare at her.

"E-eomma..?"

My hold on Sang ah's neck weakened when I finally heard that voice.. Sang ah pushed me and I fell on the floor, I don't even have the strength to stand back up as I stared at Jennie with longing eyes.