Moonflower Crystal

Hajime, Kai and Arata had started their trek up the mountains, the mountains opening up a path for them.

"This is almost as creepy as the forest," muttered Arata under his breath.

"I'd disagree, but I get what you're saying," said Hajime, who felt this was far too easy. He saw a few rabbits hopping along the side of the mountain, and wondered who their predators were here.

"And here's the cave," said Kai, wandering off the path to a space between two trees. Hajime looked over Kai's shoulder, which was a feat, because Kai was actually taller than him. There was a gaping hole in the side of the mountain, and the inside was dark, lit up by small illuminescent crystals on the ceiling and sides of the cave.

Arata gulped and Kai gave a low whistle, which made Hajime pretty sure that this was Kai's first time seeing the cave as well.

"You haven't been here either?" asked Hajime.

Kai shook his head. "Only read the reports." He walked in, gesturing to Hajime and Arata. "Well? Come in!"

Hajime and Arata shared a look before following, definitely not sharing his enthusiasm.

They walked in the darkness, the sound of their footsteps echoing off the walls. Hajime had to admit it was a pretty cave, the natural light giving it a sense of purpose.

"Do you have dragons?" asked Arata, looking around.

"Nah, they don't exist," answered Kai. "That was just our soldiers rambling."

"Uh-huh," said Hajime, looking at a reptilian skull. Whatever that skull belonged to was far larger than a human.

"Ice," said Arata.

Hajime followed his gaze, as Arata walked, almost mesmerized, to a block of ice. Hajime would likely have missed it, because it was hidden in the shadows, in an area where the light of the crystals didn't fall.

"There's someone in the ice," said Arata, as Kai looked up in alarm. Hajime walked over to Arata. "He's pretty."

"Shun, what on earth?" asked Kai, taking a closer look.

"This is your king?" Hajime's hand reached out to touch the ice, and the locket in his shirt glowed green. Pulling it out, he watched as Kai's eyes widened, recognition flashing across his face.

"Where'd you get that?"

"A white-haired kid... oh..." Hajime trailed off, looking back at the person in the ice. The green light fell on the ice, giving it an eerie glow. The ice cracked and disappeared, as Shun opened his eyes. He held a staff in one hand.

"Hajime!" he shouted, before hugging him.

"Get off me," said Hajime, automatically pushing him away. Kai pried Shun off Hajime, as Hajime dusted himself off, Arata shaking with silent laughter.

"It's tea time, isn't it?" Shun asked, as Kai gave him an exasperated look. Hajime felt an overwhelming sense of pity for Kai.

"You've been missing for days!"

"You mean tea time is long overdue."

Hajime handed the locket to Shun, who accepted it with a smile, tying it around his neck.

"What were you doing in the ice?" asked Hajime.

"A dragon."

Arata started coughing, and Kai leaned against the wall of the cave. "Dragons don't exist."

"And I thought they breathed fire?" said Arata, looking interested. Hajime hoped they wouldn't run into a dragon, because he had a feeling Arata would want to keep it as a pet.