Lust in the Hotel

Start from the beginning

"As long as It won't be too much for you. We can go the day after tomorrow. You've been through the wringer today. We can stay a few more days in England."

"I want to go tomorrow."

"Okay, then we will." Harry wanted to shout for joy, but he managed himself well. He needed to tread carefully due to Louis' still flimsy state. And he didn't at all costs, want to seem disrespectful to Louis' mum's memory.

"I'll call me mum when we get back to the hotel and arrange to meet her somewhere."

The tension grew between them in the three plus hours it took to make their way back. But it was a good tension. Seven hours of driving in one day was a lot, although they'd shared the chore. Something was loitering under the surface, lying in wait, taking its time; not in any kind of hurry.

The atmosphere in the rental car was thick and as heavy as the tension. Not the air, but the ambience. Harry knew Louis' relief from discovering the truth today was freeing him, but it was also causing him to begin to set in motion the flow for yearning -- for Harry.

It seemed to work that way in life. After some intense and taxing experience, the desire for intimacy seemed to heighten like quicksilver. Harry was aware that after harrowing experiences in war, couples were almost frantic for each other. He and Louis were the exception to the rule – they were always avid, but this was unquestionably pushing Harry to the limit.

The sensation passed between them without even a flick of a glance. It was a living thing, beckoning to them, and it was all but impossible to ignore. Although they only touched each other occasionally, they were both feeling the electric tingle. It spread, and eerily, Harry felt as if he could be a violin string being caressed by the bow as it tickled every vertebrae on his spine, one by one, and little by little, it was building in intensity until it reached a near-crescendo, and he knew it for what it was – desire. Hot, overflowing, swarming desire.

He couldn't wait to get back to the hotel.

But once again, as in situations in the past, he had to govern it. Louis was brittle right now, and he couldn't be selfish.

Just the same, the feeling was so copious and abounding that Louis sliced a look Harry's way, confused by the thick keenness of the sensations that transmitted off him and created the aura contained in the vehicle.

Harry knew – without having to be told, what Louis was experiencing.

"It's alright, Lou. I feel it too. It's just the vibe we have . . . "

Louis rested his head on Harry's shoulder as Harry drove.

"It's always there, yeah?"

When they at last got back, they felt as if they'd been in the car for at least two days straight. They shuffled inside, tired and hungry.

"What do you say, some takeaway?" asked Harry.

"Either that or starve," Louis returned, tickling Harry's funny bone.

After they'd had some really good Neapolitan pizza, they sat on the bed, side by side, backs against the headboard.

Harry called his mum. She was majorly shocked that he was in England. But she also was so pleased and happy that she was breathless. She took the phone outside as she talked to him so her husband, Harry's father, wouldn't hear of their plans to meet. They decided to meet at a park not far from Harry's childhood home.

"I'll be bringin' me mate, Louis, if that's alright," Harry said. "It's a long story, but we'll tell you about it when we see you."

"Oh yes, I know about Louis. You told me, remember? Your ranch hand."