chapter two

the next day, niki messaged me her discord so we could hop in a vc and begin the stream.

i scurried over to my pc and turned on my monitor. the bright screen shined on my face as i opened discord. as soon as i joined the call, she started the stream.

"hi chat!" niki exclaimed, greeting her viewers.

"today we have a special guest, y/n! everyone say hello!" niki told her chat.

"hello." i said, quietly.

it was obvious that i was nervous, which made me even more anxious.

niki continued to talk to her chat as she pulled up minecraft and created a new world.

right as she loaded into the brand new seed, i followed with my character loading in soon after.

we began doing the basic necessities of starting a new world such as, chopping up wood, making tools, and mining.

we talked throughout and i began to feel more at ease, knowing her and her chat were excited about my presence.

we finished off the stream with a fully built house and a small farm. as she ended the stream, she continued to stay in vc with me. her tone indicated the conversation we were about to have was serious.

i began getting nervous, i began thinking about our lunch previously and our hug. what if she felt uncomfortable? what if she's upset with me? all these intrusive thoughts were interrupted by her voice.

"y/n..."

"yes?" i gulped.

"do you want to move in with me and wilbur?"

i paused.

"excuse me?" i asked, obviously confused about her request.

"well temporarily of course. wilbur has been looking for a new roommate for awhile. he suggested you since you are one of our only friends that live close and he said you made a good first impression on him. he believes you would be a great roommate and i can't help but agree. just think about it okay?"

"i would love that." i responded, without hesitation.

"wait, so yes?" niki asked, surprised.

"yeah, i've been needing a roommate for awhile and moving in with with you guys would be great" i told her.

"ohh.. great! i'll message you about further details, like the rent situation, any extra bills, chores, groceries, etc. if anything ever sounds like a deal breaker just go ahead and tell us!"

wow. i thought to myself. i hadn't expected to be moving today but there i was. it was a pretty obvious question to agree to in my book, considering i had been waiting a situation like this to present itself for awhile now.

that night i was still processing the decision. it was so sudden. i knew i could always opt out, but something about it gave me a gut wrenching feeling. maybe it was because i hadn't known niki for very long and i was moving in with someone i barely knew, or maybe it was the idea of living with multiple people at a time, which i hadn't done since i moved out. either way, i knew i was sticking with my previous decision to move in with them. i knew this was the opportunity i needed and it was the best thing for me.

later, she messaged me the information and it was confirmed.

i was moving in with niki and her roommate wilbur.